Govt Adviser wants £10 annual permit for smokers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rockape34, Feb 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HERE

2. BOLLOCKS!

3. simple i would just go abroad and get loads.
    if this came into force.

4. Yeah Right!, and just who the feck is going to stop a smoker and demand to see his license?, some fkucwit who,s looking for a knuckle butty? FACK OFF!

5. Probably by local councils hiring brigades of nosey ******* to go around accosting people in public and demanding to see their license to smoke. And knowing this government probably also adding them to the list of officials you have to let into your home so they can check people there as well. What, me an evil suspicious bastad? Never. :)

6. "Here's yer shaggin license yer cnut..." and then stub the fag on his eyeball and then headbutt him.

7. Will we need a learner license for smoking low tar cigarettes before moving onto other types? Will there be a test before you can take L plates off a pipe?

'I'm sorry sir, your ash tray is over flowing, I'm arresting you for exceeding the 40 cigarette a day limit, there are signs up you know...' 'now just blow into the CO2 monitor please...

8. Well that works for Glasgow but I'm not sure how well it'd go over further down south.

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

A reasonable proposal though since all smokers are smelly bastards. Force them to pay for licences to stink.

10. I think you are right there Brick -council house tenants here can be fined for smoking within 24 hoursof a visit by a council "worker" to their homes, so we have been informed - mind you there are a lot of Limp Debs working for the council and they are as insidious as Neue Arbeit!

11. You've probably just hit on the next Labour tax scheme, an odour tax. People in jobs that either create a smell, or cause the person to smell would be taxed on the strength of the odour. Additional amounts to be paid for smelling strongly in a public place. Low odour people only would be allowed to be gathered in groups of 10 or more in an enclosed public space.

12. Sixty

Sensible policies for a happier Britain. No smoky, smelly bastards.

13. Finally realised, everyone employed by the govt is a complete fuckwit.

14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

A good strong point and well presented. I am sure that when the smoking ban comes in people like yourself will be more than happy in the increase in your tax that will happen to cover the revenue that they Govt wouldn't get from ciggies. I applaud you sir.

15. Sixty

Ah. Presenting an argument I haven’t made as if I had. I salute your mendacity.

Wasn’t under the impression I had proposed a ban. Just a licence for smelly people. All smokers included, obviously.