Governments next big idea in war agains crime!!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chocolate_frog, Jun 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 3 year olds (no not a misprint 3 as in three, 1, 2, 3,) are to be targeted in a scheme to control future young thugs.

Nursery workers will be trained to ship them off to "intensive" foster care, if they are singled out by bullying behavior or if their immediate family has a history of criminallity.

WTF

when was the last time anyone was mugged by a toddler?, or had their car stolen by a toddler?

Even if this things works, it will take 15 years for the improved toddler to reach 18, where by all his elder siblings will have stripped everything of value from this great, before labour, nation.

Without getting rabid on this matter. I say, longer, tougher sentencing. Bootcamps where they get up at 0600hrs? Pah, holiday camp more like. get 'em out at 0500hrs. Don't bother with touchy feely classes, get 'em on the square and beast the drugs out of them.

All though the same report that came up with toddler crime, also states that 85% of inmates in young offenders institutions were bullies at school and 43% of male prisoners had offspring with criminal records.

Also the report reckons that bullies should not be treated as victims but as the arrseholes they actually are. They are not the victims of social circumstances and are actually far from suffering low esteem.

A fcuking 3 year old could have told them that!!! Bring back the birch!!!

2. " Bring back the birch"

I'll second that motion.
    john

3. It's the start of the 'youth spy' organisation i tells you!

Watch out, your kids will be your downfall. Dont curse or swear at the glorious leader in front of them!

Meanwhile, Orwell is now attaining a steady speed of somewhere in the region of 10Krpm. :D

4. What the ****? Link to the article?

5. nnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

8. It isn't the start of it. The start was the introduction of the Connexions department - the list of questions which they are permitted to ask your children is extremely intrusive. And should your young offspring decide to avenge themselves for any perceived parental harshness you will be powerless to put the record straight. There is no redress.

9. Other pearls of wisdom from the 250 page report include the following...

The "no blame" approach to bullying is dangerous on the grounds that the bully is not actually punished for what they have done. So they get away with it, and just continue to bully in a bigger and more aggressive stylee. Strange that.

Also if the government gave away free heroin then drug related crime would go down 12.5%. Not to sure on that. What if the government gave away that stuff that was put into the pop "star" freak at the priory? That knob going out with Kate Moss. Apparently it completely blocks the high, so all the user gets is the low, didn't stop him "testing" that it worked mind. Or better still brought in the death penalty for any one dealling the stuff in the first place. Death and confiscation of all assetts. Not a bad deal for being unlucky in the great cash in of drugs, and seriously fcuking up other peoples lives!!! I'm sure there are plenty of lab bunnies who would gladly give up their place in the labs for these members of society!

If the government started giving away "good" sh1t, then all that would happen is some enterprising young street scum would buy it off the addict for good money/bad sh1t. So that the yuppies, pop stars could use the stuff that wasn't cut with cement or persil instead, meanwhile the addict would be using the bad sh1t and making a small profit for the munchies/more sh1t.

10. Next it will be mandatory membership of the Tony Youth, with Madelscum as scoutmaster! :evil:

11. "O brave new world, that hath such people in't!"

Locking three year olds up - I'm sorry, putting them in 'intensive foster care' - is not going to achieve anything.

Although - with apologies to Ricky Gervais - we know prison works - I mean, look at Nelson Mandela, 28 years in gaol, never re-offended, went on to a successful career after release...

smithie