Government targets Territorials in new round of army cuts

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Radical_Dreamer, Feb 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=254512006

:roll: Is there something I'm not getting? More involvement abroad = more cuts?

2. Fcuk em, hopefully the Army will get so run down and so p1ssed off that on the next Trooping of the Colour squaddies will break ranks, officers will draw swords and we will all march on Downing street and HMS Belfast will open fire on Parliament whilst the beardy blokes with the axes knock up a scaffold. This should be followed by HM the Q giving the order to pull the lever, Phil the Greek taking commmand of the Armed Forces and the new voting system being changed to the Starship Troopers roll model.

3. heh, I always thought Heinlin had some Very good ideas, and veiws on society. And seeign as the federation was born in scotland after the russia/UK/USA Vs China war we oculd end up there.

:roll:

4. You know to much silence them!

5. Isn't advocating the overthrow of the government against military law ? Rather stupid knowing journalists frequent this site and this thread showing up in print might well get this site shut down.

6. msr

msr LE

T6,

Fortunately we have a long and illustrious history of freedom of speech.

msr

7. Sarcasm is lost on the septics... :roll:

8. I agree its hard to understand sarcasm when its written.
    Msr, I bow to your experience in this matter. In the US Military Code of Justice it is a serious offense to criticize civilian officials and/or army leaders or to advocate the overthrow of the government whether it is sarcasm or not.

9. Agreed, there were definite traces of genius here; although as is the case with most rants your usually excellent grammar and spelling suffered a little... :D

So to summarise:

1. We will stage a little coup d'état using slightly more robust ROE than those which the government issue.

2. The previous administration will be introduced to that legendary French lady, Madame Guillotine.

3. In the future, only personnel who have served in the armed forces will be granted the right to be called citizen and be allowed to vote etc.

Okay, I agree we should make such a march on London our highest priority, we just need to book a demonstration slot; this may be a bit tight though as it appears the Cartoon Mohammed Brigade have a block booking each week for the forseeable future... :roll:

10. Really? Was it written by George Orwell or perhaps Stalin?

11. Agreed, there were definite traces of genius here; although as is the case with most rants your usually excellent grammar and spelling suffered a little... :D

So to summarise:

1. We will stage a little coup d'état using slightly more robust ROE than those which the government issue.

2. The previous administration will be introduced to that legendary French lady, Madame Guillotine.

3. In the future, only personnel who have served in the armed forces will be granted the right to be called citizen and be allowed to vote etc.

Okay, I agree we should make such a march on London our highest priority, we just need to book a demonstration slot; this may be a bit tight though as it appears the Cartoon Mohammed Brigade have a block booking each week for the forseeable future... :roll:

12. Yes, but you lot have the 'Patriot Act' which means that if they even think that you are against the government you can be arrested and they throw away the key.... no evidence, no legal comeback at all.

We don't have those sorts of laws that remove everyone's civil rights...... you're confusing us with the future...... T BLiar and Gord(helpus)on Brooon will have them laws in next year. :?

13. That wouldn't sound out of place in a muslim state. 8O

14. Patton got himself repeatedly in trouble for criticizing our Soviet allies. MacArthur got in trouble for advocating attacking the PRC during the Korean War and challenging the authority of the president just to name a few cases. It all goes toward good order and discipline.

15. Like in New Orleans?