Government Support for Veterans

Bad CO

Admin
We've just had the following items on the Government Veterans website pointed out to us by email. May be of use to someone on here:

Aged Veterans Fund

Veterans World

Very nice. Unfortunately non of it applies to me as I am a veteran.

Yep it's all window dressing to show that the govt is "doing something" the reality is that with few exceptions, the money will go on premises, staff salaries, advertising for more money, premium telephone lines for desperate people to call which have you on hold whilst the phone operator "speaks to a supervisor" etc etc.

I was rather disappointed to find that Veteran's World was not a theme park with SLRs and Chieftain tanks...

:-(

J

JWBenett

Yep it's all window dressing to show that the govt is "doing something" the reality is that with few exceptions, the money will go on premises, staff salaries, advertising for more money, premium telephone lines for desperate people to call which have you on hold whilst the phone operator "speaks to a supervisor" etc etc.
You old cynic.... you forget steering panels, creative directors, "talented" executives that simply have to cream £150,000 p.a. and bonuses, because they're worth it . And first class premises. Oink oink .
I was rather disappointed to find that Veteran's World was not a theme park with SLRs and Chieftain tanks...

There will be Open Days, when we'll get our chance to show Joe Public how to live in a 12x12 on Lidl's finest, crap in a bag and get the grollies dry ASAP on the stove before we crash out with an outdated 7.62 fapper's gat. "Kill yourself" American Burner demonstrations, and a jolly good knees up with Herfies and bratties at the end, before we're all thrown on the back of a 4-tonner to urinate out the canvas before we're kicked out at the quarters. I reckon it's worth a pony to see that.

If the armed services were involved in its design and procurement it would be like Dismaland but not as cheery

Latest Threads