Government shows some balls

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Sep 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Now, this is news:

A company blamed for losing the details of thousands of criminals held on a computer memory stick has had its £1.5m contract terminated after an inquiry.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said PA Consulting had lost the data after it was transferred securely to the firm.

Cancelling the contract will not cost the taxpayer and any expenses incurred will have to be met by PA Consulting, she added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7608155.stm

msr

2. Must be something to do with the LHC creating on of those elusive and much talked about "Back bones."

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's less to do with growing a pair than it is about in-house work being cheaper than private firms, especially when the financial cuboard is bare.

4. I'd love to think that, actually. It'd show that they've learned the (highly expensive) lessons of PFI and PPP. But it'd also mean that they were capable of some humility, which kind of shoots the argument down in flames. Reductio ad absurdum I think the mathematicians call it.

5. Much to my own dismay, I actually find myself agreeing with the governments stance on 'Fuel Bills' as well. As far as I understand it the government won't be giving out free money to those in who are struggling with the rising cost of fuel, but will be assisting in making sure their homes are more energy efficient. This at least will stop the mong generation from taking the handout and pi55ing it all up the wall.

6. The problem with this announcement is that we all will be paying for this, Energy companies have indicated that this cost may well be passed on to the consumer, and to cap it all the government is only putting in money it removed from a scheme to improve insulation in pensioners homes. At the end of the day it is another tax on us all no matter which angle you look at it. Brown is a Mong!

The other issue is that most people who are of limited means dont usually own their properties, so it will really be a very limited group who benefit from any announcement he made today.

7. If only they would sack themselves for all they data losses they have bee responsible for

8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Cancelling a contract = HMG growing balls? Don't make me laugh.

They are over the moon at having a scapegoat for once. I can almost hear the self righteous praise they will be giving themselves for ditching PA.

9. More likely sack them rather than being sacked herself.