Government "Scrappage" scheme for old radios

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by shagnasty, May 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Don't get me started...please don't it's all too painful.

S_R

2. Perhaps and hopefully with Cameron's new constructive and engaged approach to government the transition to digital may go the same way as HIP's .

3. Hmmm… let me think.

Scrap the £1,500 Alpine ICE/Sat-Nav combo in the car for a few quid to buy a DAB set with piss poor sound?

4. "Government" scrappage - seems to be a retailers scheme & nowt to do with the Gov,

5. Seems I cannot get away from the subject of the disadvantages of digital .... just been relaxing in the sun in the back garden and read a " Letter to the Times " on this subject .... to precis ... " Digital radios use three times as much power as analogue ... not noticeably better in sound quality ... analogue will work in most of Europe our DAB will not ... the consumer is unlikely to benefit ... the only motive for digital radio has been led by manufacturers and retailers " .

All of these higlighted by me and many others on other threads ... rant over ... out to the sunshine but ... going back to the thread title ... I understand the scrappage scheme is only going to last one week ... a pointless exercise for a pointless transition .

6. Will it include Clansman? :D