Government response to Northern Ireland Petition

Blair's legacy of letting all the terrorists out of gaol without licence and treating them as equal in society set the precedent. The terrorist threat in the world today is the result of this action.

ugly

LE
Blair's legacy of letting all the terrorists out of gaol without licence and treating them as equal in society set the precedent. The terrorist threat in the world today is the result of this action.
I dont see how you came up with that. I dont think that the current Irish terrorists continuity or otherwise have anything to do with the extremist threats from our dusky brethren!

It seems to me that the only information that the NI HIT are interested in, is any information that will help to secure a conviction against a member of the Security Forces.
Anyone convicted for actions up to early 1973 could probably successfully sue the MOD and RUC/PSNI for failing to conduct a full, proper and timely investigation at the time when all possible evidence may have been available and potentially illustrating their innocence. It is now established that there was an unlawful agreement between the GOC and the Chief Constable RUC to allow the RMP to interview soldiers while the RUC were responsible forinterviewing civilians.

In addition, it is also now known that members of the RMP SIB have acknowledged that they failed to conduct proper investigations and were merely 'managing information' to produce the best outcome for the Army. The Historical Enquiries Teams (now defunct) of the RUC/PSNI have also admitted that the RUC were often unable to fulfil their investigatory responsibilities due to the circumstances of the time.

In sum, there are demonstrable and irreparable weaknesses and failures in the contempoary investigative organs of state including the military that, in my opinion, could render any conviction as unsafe and expose the state to claims for damages.

Only when the state is faced with such a proposition is it likely to grow a pair and accept overall responsibility for the chaos of the early years of Op Banner.

ugly

LE
Only when the state is faced with such a proposition is it likely to grow a pair and accept overall responsibility for the chaos of the early years of Op Banner.
Its not just the early years, even cases from the late 80's are causing issues. Frankly the Govt needs to rip up those letters of immunity and get a frigging grip!

Its not just the early years, even cases from the late 80's are causing issues. Frankly the Govt needs to rip up those letters of immunity and get a frigging grip!
I don't think a 'frigging grip' would be quite appropriate - they can do that sort of thing :cool:their own time.

I dont see how you came up with that. I dont think that the current Irish terrorists continuity or otherwise have anything to do with the extremist threats from our dusky brethren!
A major world power gives in to terrorism. The message goes out to the world that TERRORISM WORKS. This is despite the acknowledgement that earlier than 1994 the terror weapon is virtually dead in the water in the rest of the world re Israel etc. History is the judge.

ugly

LE
A major world power gives in to terrorism. The message goes out to the world that TERRORISM WORKS. This is despite the acknowledgement that earlier than 1994 the terror weapon is virtually dead in the water in the rest of the world re Israel etc. History is the judge.
But Princess Tony (El Presidente) told us he had stopped the war. Therefore terrorism was actually defeated (it was but had zero to do with Blair). Blair basically sold out to ensure that the GFA would stand, all that hard work from two previous PM's he claimed was his. He didn't have the back bone needed so thats how these letters were created but there is no causal link between those and the Middle eastern type loons, they hate us for the way Blair pandered to Bush and wanted to be a big player.

But Princess Tony (El Presidente) told us he had stopped the war. Therefore terrorism was actually defeated (it was but had zero to do with Blair). Blair basically sold out to ensure that the GFA would stand, all that hard work from two previous PM's he claimed was his. He didn't have the back bone needed so thats how these letters were created but there is no causal link between those and the Middle eastern type loons, they hate us for the way Blair pandered to Bush and wanted to be a big player.
True about Blair pandering to Bush. Now the crux: If any so called terrorist puts his head above the parapet in the US they are shot up to fcku (rightly so in my view). If any terrorist protests in this country they are allowed to parade themselves as jihadists and to some extent listened to. Why can't we just go back to the NI system of policing that Stalker was sent to unravel.

Latest Threads