Government response to firearms control inquiry

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Cow, Sep 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cow

Cow LE

Key Issues

Skip to the conclusion in Vol.1 for recommendations etc.

2. So toy guns will have to be sold by RFDs........ About sums it all up really.

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

ACPO still steaming ahead with advice to GP's without consulting the shooting organisations (although they could even make it worse) but acpo ffs what a bunch of arrogant know all *****.

4. Maybe the main recommendation, updating Guidance to Police will get ACPO's aris' into gear. Someone remind me, has it been stuck with them for two years now or three?

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Perhaps taking ACPO out of the loop would be better, they are a politicised talking shop that charges for it utterances!

6. How we allow ACPO as a private limited company who are not answerable to anyone and who cannot be questioned under the freedom of Information Act to have so much power and influence is beyond me. They need dismantling as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I could not agree more. There is already an (accountable to Parliament) Organisation, one of who's roles is to coordinate and oversee the Constabularies of England & Wales - its called the Home Office. ACPO is unelected and unaccountable and so should not wield ANY power in a democracy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

All of the above I have written before, did you know that your local police authority gives ACPO money every year, not charged for services but donations? Now are they a charity? I asked my local authority rep why and he couldnt see that anything was wrong as the policing board voted for it!
    I did point out that it was my money they were giving away to an unelected etc but that didnt seem to bother him, its so ingrained!