Government quote of the century

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CplFoodspoiler, Feb 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Not our government but Zambias. Faced with their version of Starbucks, Google and Amazon.

Forget Starbucks

To save you reading the whole article this is the quote;

And if, as parliament's public accounts committee has discovered, countries like Britain are struggling to counter such "transfer pricing" arrangements, those with even scarcer resources and less expertise have no chance. Or, as one of the Zambian tax authority's advisers put it: "On transfer pricing we are, pardon my language, getting fucked."

Succinct and to the point.

As Fascinating Aida put it in song 'Companies Utilising Nifty Taxation Systems'.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. there always
    we wont talk about the falklands
    we will talk if the falklanders can be there too
  3. " Mr Zuma said in court on Wednesday he had left his bedroom after having sex with the woman and taken a shower because this "would minimise the risk of contracting the disease [HIV]".
    He also said that he was prepared to marry the woman who accused him of rape, and that her aunts were discussing the possibility of marriage and a bride price as Zulu tradition dictates.
    "Yes, if we had reached an agreement with that, I would have had my cows ready," Mr Zuma told the court "

Jacob Zuma, President of South Africa

taken from BBC NEWS | Africa | SA's Zuma 'showered to avoid HIV'

4. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

And the context is?
  5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

6. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

I thought a very honest quote was from the outgoing Labour Chief Secretary to the Treasury (Liam Byrne) on leaving office on 2010.

BBC News - Treasury chief's note to successor: There's no money

Too right there wasn't....

7. Send key setting you m*ckem bastard!
  8. He should have added " pay for your boyfriend's housing".
    • Like Like x 1