Government priorities: More pointless legislation.

As reported by Sky News here:

'Zombie Knives' Sellers Face Jail As Ban Begins

The government has, presumably in all seriousness banned the manufacture, sale etc of

“(s)the weapon sometimes known as a “zombie knife”, “zombie killer knife” or “zombie slayer knife”, being a blade with—

(i)a cutting edge;

(ii)a serrated edge; and

(iii)images or words (whether on the blade or handle) that suggest that it is to be used for the purpose of violence.”.

Safeguarding minister Sarah Newton said: "This government will act wherever necessary to cut crime and keep our communities safe.

"Zombie killer knives glamorise violence and cause devastating damage - they have no place whatsoever in our society."
Essentially they have banned writing or drawing scary things on a knife - if it has both cutting and serrated edges.

Well that will have a huge effect on crime I'm sure!

The government has, presumably in all seriousness banned the manufacture, sale etc of

“(s)the weapon sometimes known as a “zombie knife”, “zombie killer knife” or “zombie slayer knife”, being a blade with—

(i)a cutting edge;

(ii)a serrated edge; and

(iii)images or words (whether on the blade or handle) that suggest that it is to be used for the purpose of violence.”.

Essentially they have banned writing or drawing scary things on a knife - if it has both cutting and serrated edges.

Its still better than the £1.7mil being spent on an anti-trolling taskforce.......

Been burgled? tough titty.

Been called chubby on the internet? we'll send 4 officers, 2 squad cars, a dog unit and a helicopter over immediately......

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Its still better than the £1.7mil being spent on an anti-trolling taskforce.......

Been burgled? tough titty.

Been called chubby on the internet? we'll send 4 officers, 2 squad cars, a dog unit and a helicopter over immediately......
That's about it really. I was attacked at work, he got £150 fine. Call someone nasty names it's jail.

If zombie knives are sold as 'weapons' or 'fighting knives' my understanding is that this is already prohibited under existing regulations.

If zombie knives are sold as 'weapons' or 'fighting knives' my understanding is that this is already prohibited under existing regulations.
They're issued to the police in Greater Manchester.

13KNIFE0907B.jpg
Police-officer-finds-giant-knife-in-southeast-London-stairwell.jpg

Looks like they will have to go back to stabbing each other with kitchen knives.

I have a couple of Kit Rae swords myself for decorative purposes, or at least they will be once the gaming room is set up. I also have a knife on a stand similar to this one.

I have managed not to stab anyone, it doesn't matter what the blade looks like, if someone is going to stick some steel in another person they will do it with anything.

That's about it really. I was attacked at work, he got £150 fine. Call someone nasty names it's jail.
Are you sure your attacker didn't call you a nasty name? Really sure?

They're issued to the police in Greater Manchester.

View attachment 255602 View attachment 255603
I like the Ally Union Jack patch bought off ebay that junior plod is wearing.
To be honest I'm surprised he's allowed to wear such an inflammatory icon in modern day UK.
At Least he has it the right way up.

(I say junior because he looks 12 to me though I am getting on a little bit)

If these Zombie knives are so effective how come they weren't used when cutting weapons were the standard?
Or were they and I have missed it?
I think the Blessed Sir Terry had this covered in Night Watch.

(i)a cutting edge;

(ii)a serrated edge; and

As you say - pointless legislation. But it keeps the lawyers in work and makes the public think it's safer if they ban scary things, even if the ban is ineffective. Got scary writing on your BFO machete making it frighteningly illegal? Here's a bit of sandpaper - now it's the same as an Opinel and not scary at all.

Mine says "Martindale" on the blade and has a scary crocodile icon.
Does that count?

I have a couple of Kit Rae swords myself for decorative purposes, or at least they will be once the gaming room is set up. I also have a knife on a stand similar to this one.

I have managed not to stab anyone, it doesn't matter what the blade looks like, if someone is going to stick some steel in another person they will do it with anything.
Why do have such monstrosities? What's wrong with your old sword?

Why do have such monstrosities? What's wrong with your old sword?
I play fantasy war games and plan on decorating our gaming room with prints and such "weaponry".

You are of course correct, but pointing out that something is already illegal isn't 'doesn't have the same impact as banning stuff.

The lower one is a type of machete and wouldn't be covered by this. The upper one would be perfectly legal to sell if it doesn't have any writing on it.
Ah but only words or images that "suggest that it is to be used for the purpose of violence"

Slap on a Hello Kitty or Peace and Love sticker and you are good to go.