Government of Ireland Act 1921 annivesary - Sinn Fein causing mischief

The Assassin

On ROPS
On ROPs
Tomorrow, May 3rd, is the centenary of the Government of Ireland Act, basically the act that allowed Northern ireland and Southern Ireland to have their Home Rule whilst part of the United Kingdom. Sinn Fein have decided to "celebrate" this by hanging a banner on the Divis Towers in Belfast.

Came across this on the Rangers forum

1619995552911.png

Draping the upper floors of an old tower block with potentially flammable material. Yep, that’s a united ireland brought forward by possibly another 27 minutes. Well done them.

"A United Ireland is for Everyone". . . Written exclusively in Kelly green. I take it that the orange part of the Irish tricolour is now anathema to the Shinners?

Jeez is that stack of $hite still standing! If ever there was a case of nuking from orbit that tower of crap has to be it.

"A United Ireland is for Everyone". . . Written exclusively in Kelly green. I take it that the orange part of the Irish tricolour is now anathema to the Shinners?

You and I know that the orange is invariably referred to as 'gold' by those of a certain demographic, lest the word 'orange' passes their Republican lips.

:rolleyes:

It's the Papal colours of ROME, with a bit of green nailed on the end.

Tomorrow, May 3rd, is the centenary of the Government of Ireland Act, basically the act that allowed Northern ireland and Southern Ireland to have their Home Rule whilst part of the United Kingdom. Sinn Fein have decided to "celebrate" this by hanging a banner on the Divis Towers in Belfast.

Came across this on the Rangers forum

View attachment 570104
They could have hung it straight.
STANDARDS!!!!!

Jeez is that stack of $hite still standing! If ever there was a case of nuking from orbit that tower of crap has to be it.
There was a documentary a few years back, I believe it's still available on YouTube, about the design and unfortunate building of Divis. The usual story, a 1960s brave new world village in the sky that would replace the old slums and instead became a new concrete brutalist slum, much like any other tower block complex in the UK or indeed Europe at the time. Anyway the point made towards the end was that all that's left is the tower, which since being tidied up and renovated now apparently comprises very nice bijou flats, not exactly yuppie pads but nice retirement homes for which there is a waiting list.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
There was a documentary a few years back, I believe it's still available on YouTube, about the design and unfortunate building of Divis. The usual story, a 1960s brave new world village in the sky that would replace the old slums and instead became a new concrete brutalist slum, much like any other tower block complex in the UK or indeed Europe at the time. Anyway the point made towards the end was that all that's left is the tower, which since being tidied up and renovated now apparently comprises very nice bijou flats, not exactly yuppie pads but nice retirement homes for which there is a waiting list.
And SF/PIRA can make the list shorter.

Marvellous view from up there on a clear day!

Regardless mate, to me it will always be a very tall stack of $h!t.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer