Government Minister Walks Out of Muslim Wedding

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wehappyfew, Aug 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC reporting that a government minister walked out of a muslim wedding because they refused to let him sit next to his wife. Good on him.

Muslim Wedding Walkout
  2. Good for him - whoever he is!

Try imposing Christianity and it's values, customs and social behaviour patterns in Saudi Arabia! - then get executed.
  3. I'm not sure about this. If the other side of the story is true, then the couple requested the segregation. Sounds like a stupid thing to do but it is, after all, their day. If he wasn't willing to abide by that then one has to ask: What was he doing at their wedding?
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

my fiver says he was trying to prove how "inclusive" and "tollerant" he is being that he's ZNL but that his Mrs also being ZNL threw an equlity fit.

Either way hes a tosser. FFS it was a muslim wedding a little bit of reading up would have let him know what was likely to be going on.

Why the hell shouldnt they have their prefered sky pixie type wedding everybody else can.
  5. I bet he fecking claimed for two hotel rooms and two taxi rides home...................
  6. Went to 2 x Muslim weddings whilst on Loan Service in the ME. Both were segregated, all were happy, and there were no issues.

That said, they were pretty bloody boring - you quickly get tired of being asked 'How is your health/family' and 'What is the news', and responding with 'By the Grace of God'. Talking about women and alcohol were, of course, taboo, and the Emirates soccer teams were pretty naff, leaving pretty large gaps in the conversation.

Highlight of the evening was when the starting gate for the food opened up - never seen a huge mountain of food be demolished so quickly and with such pleasure.

On a similar theme I was invited around to my Comd's, and the other officers, houses quite frequently. At most, it was men only - the women served. Quite enjoyable, although the cold mango custard was a trifle disconcerting, and, having squatted on the carpet for 4 hours, I could hardly stagger back to my car.

At Major Nasr's, however, we dined with his wife and children. Extremely pleasant evening, with a very intelligent couple, and ate at the dining room table, seated on chairs.

Happy days, but I digress. Segregation has its merits and is nothing to get particualrly worked up about.
  7. We could rephrase this story as "Man turns up to wedding; takes exception to seating arrangements; storms out".
  8. Hardly a great victory, but it is at least a tiny step towards the day when British political types ensure that those who have invited themselves here abide by, and respect, our way of doing things.
  9. Somewhat rude of him, IMHO.

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

My best mate is getting married next week. Frankly if he wants me to be there wearing a pink dress and singing "my girl lollipop" I'll do it - its his day and what he wants goes.
  11. It was his bloody bad manners, is all. When I go into a Synagogue, I am a Jew, when I go into a Mosque I am a Muslim, This Twunt was short of a tolerance level and needs to have word with himself.

Mind you I dont go to a Church very often and I suspect the next time I do I wont be able to smell the flowers. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  12. He shouldn't have gone in the first place. Tosser.
  13. Perhaps the invitations should have said "Segregated Wedding". It was their right to hold it. It was his right to leave.
  14. Quite right. Shocking lack of manners.
  15. Looking for something to be outraged about?