Government fulfils promise to veterans with new railcard

The point is 'why should retired Service personnel be advantaged over any other retiree?'. The only exception being those in receipt of IP, WP or GIP.
Minister on the radio today answered by saying that HMF people put their lives on the line.

£30 is a the saving on the cost of two trips to York for a DTS for me, so I am in. Just wish Trans Pennine had more toilets for the journey back.
1579694684037.png

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How many veterans will be travelling to and from employment outside of normal working hours? With the exception of Disabled railcards, all others are not valid for use during peak travel times.

£30 is a the saving on the cost of two trips to York for a DTS for me, so I am in. Just wish Trans Pennine had more toilets for the journey back.
Maybe you stop blocking them on the journey there

chimera

LE
Does HMF include TA on Tuesday evenings drinking tea
Army Reserve already get the Forces Railcard.

Does TAVR/TA/AR service count as being a veteran? Lights blue touch paper and stands back.....

Last edited:
Army Reserve already get the Forces Railcard.

Does TAVR/TA/AR service count as being a veteran? Lights blue touch paper and stands back.....
According to Combat Stress, one day of service qualifies you. Am waiting out for the veteran who did one TA drill night (one-quarter days service)