Government ends War on Terror

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Apr 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

"because we can’t win by military means alone, and because this isn’t us against one organised enemy with a clear identity and a coherent set of objectives."

The expression 20/20 hindsight springs to mind. Perhaps they should have pondered this in 2001? I seem to recall people advising more subtle approaches, or did I just have a mind flip?
  3. Well the prospects of winning a war against an emotion were always rather slim.
    How about a war on patience?
  4. Perhaps Mr Benn should find 'common ground' with the troops first.
    Good article by Tim Hanes on the same page calling for Swiss Des's resignation.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Whoopie doo, the war on terror is over. That'll mean all our lads are coming back from the 'stan then, and maybe Iraq too.

Question is, when are the wars on common sense, pride in ones nation, the head of state, the armed forces, the NHS, schooling and the great British people going to end?
  6. Sadly, Mr Benn has played his part in a failed foreign policy and although it may suit the government spinmeisters, there is now a generation of young men and women around the globe, many of whom have aligned themselves to fight in this war on terror. Possibly Mr Benn could inform them that the war is now officially over.
  7. Chances of goverment being wrong? Clearly that would not be the case!Therefore! You must have had a mind flip, no worries however though as many of us here clearly also had mind flips also!
  8. if its over who won ?
  9. Double think!

george orwell had it right!
  10. Good

'War on Terror' sounded fcuking stupid and very Hollywood.

It might be acceptable to the septics but it offends my english ears!
  11. Thought that was a NHS Task?
  12. Alright, "because we can’t win by military means alone". I can agree with that. I just hope this doesn't lead to the "ask the man nicely to stop burning that school and drop the AK-47, I'm sure he'll be be a good boy and stop hurting people" approach.
  13. wasn't all for nothing then.
  14. Burgger! You got there before me. :D
  15. Due to political correctness we're unable to publish details of winners and losers due to the possibility of causing offence to those who may have under performed, suffice to say both side came out of this with heads held high and throughly enjoyed the game.

I'm sure you'll agree it's the taking part that counts.