Government Announce Public Sector Workers Pay Award

Don't you believe it - due to the Government not incorporating the 'extra' 1% that went onto police salaries last year, the actual net increase [Police Fed figures] amounts to 0.85%. In my case that represents about £3.40 a week, before tax, pension, NI. So I estimate my net pay rise this year is about £1.80 a week. Thanks for f*ck all Mrs May [though I doubt I'd be faring much better under Corbyn and Abbott].

A "friend" of mine left the Army in July, will he get the backpay of the difference between what he should have been getting paid from 1st April until Termination Date, and will his pension be recalculated as his leaving Salary was now different (appreciate its representative pay, but will this be recalculated?)

Oh, and will my "friend" get a proportion of the 0.9% lump sum too?

My "friend" can't be the only one in this position, does anyone know?

A "friend" of mine left the Army in July, will he get the backpay of the difference between what he should have been getting paid from 1st April until Termination Date, and will his pension be recalculated as his leaving Salary was now different (appreciate its representative pay, but will this be recalculated?)

Oh, and will my "friend" get a proportion of the 0.9% lump sum too?

My "friend" can't be the only one in this position, does anyone know?
In principle he should get the net back pay, less the extra tax etc
And the ‘right thing to do’ would be to recalculate
On civilian pay the change would increase the pension contributions into the pot, for Army its ‘non contributory’ so there may or may not be small print on it being calculated on the pay at the time

Might be a good idea to post up a new thread so that those who would be in the know will see the question as oppossed to as a comment on an earlier thread.

Those who left before the pay announcement will get a pay adjustments and their pensions recalculated using the new pension codes (AFPS 75) and revised pay data. I will see if I can find out what the expected timeframe for these adjustments are.

Latest Threads