Goverment funding for NHS for injured soldiers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by gron294, Feb 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well Done at last the goverment are recognising the sacrifices made my our lads in Afghanistan..

But on the other hand it is mentioned that the £11 Million will be spent on the NHS in England,
    but what about all the Scots, Welsh and Irishmen, that have been injured in service of their country, are they not worthy
    of the same treatment.
    Please could some one clarify..is the Forces not for all of the UK amnd not just England

2. Devolution. The local parliaments / assemblies will have to decide if they want to allocate funds.

3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the yanks are spending a quarter mill on fancy limbs knowing they will need replacing within 10 years.

I take it we are using that workshop in pakistan?

4. 11 million is peanuts. Somerset is having to make savings of 20 million a year, times that by 3 years and however many counties in England and though welcome, it does put 11 million into perspective.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Why ever not, they do a smashing job:

[​IMG]

6. i agree with you all that not enough money but at least it is a start.. still a bit miffed that the money is only gonna be spent in England though