Gough Barracks Armagh. RGHQ

Hi All

Could anyone give me a steer on this ive heard rumours that RGHQ had a Nuclear Bunker on the Gough Barrack site and there was a network of tunnels. If it did exist it certainly have been long forgotten about. Id be on the site these days from time to time. Could anyone confirm if it actually exists. Alot of the buildings have been demolished. Even a steer as to where the enterance was the entire site was tarmac'd a few years back. There are hatches all over the site but it a case of not knowing where to look.

tmp_31488-FB_IMG_1493893472127-1418045999.jpg

Cheers for any help

James

Last edited:
Hi All

Could anyone give me a steer on this ive heard rumours that RGHQ had a Nuclear Bunker on the Gough Barrack site and there was a network of tunnels. If it did exist it certainly have been long forgotten about. Id be on the site these days from time to time. Could anyone confirm if it actually exists. Alot of the buildings have been demolished. Even a steer as to where the enterance was the entire site was tarmac'd a few years back. There are hatches all over the site but it a case of not knowing where to look.

View attachment 280996

Cheers for any help

James

Yep, the tunnels are filled with fully loaded Tiger Tanks.....oh wait ;-)

Well was more interested in if it was a real story or just a myth, would be an interesting cold war relic, The ROC posts scattered about NI are mostly smashed up or completely gone now.

Although I did hear that Amelia Earhart landed near Armagh and went into hiding in the bunker

Well was more interested in if it was a real story or just a myth, would be an interesting cold war relic, The ROC posts scattered about NI are mostly smashed up or completely gone now.

Although I did hear that Amelia Earhart landed near Armagh and went into hiding in the bunker
You could get in touch with the guy that runs this site as I think he has put in FOI's concerning Gough Barracks.

http://www.nibunker.co.uk/