Goth murderers sentence reduced

One of the teenage boys who kicked a 20-year-old woman to death because she was dressed as a Goth has had his murder sentence reduced.

Ryan Herbert, 16, of Bacup, Lancashire, was ordered to serve 16 years and three months for killing Sophie Lancaster.

Herbert's sentence has been cut by nine months. Brendan Harris, 16, who was sentenced to 18 years for the murder, has failed to have his term reduced.

Ms Lancaster died 13 days after the attack in Stubbylee Park last year.

She was trying to protect her boyfriend Robert Maltby, who survived the attack.
I don't care how they were dressed, these pair of tossers deserve nothing but the rest of their natural life behind bars.

Link

Rather a thousand goths then one hoodie clad chavscum filth, these fcukers should be nailed to the wall, I'll gladly do it...

stvwardy said:
sadly, nothing new in this country.

time for a overhaul, starting from the Top.
Seconded. :evil:

An excellent argument for the return of Capital Punishment - good luck getting THAT sentance reduced, cnut! :twisted:

I was in favour of hanging, drawing & quartering the fcukers but NOOOOO, apprently that violates their human rights or something gay like that, what about the victim's rights not to get kicked to death by inbred ratboy scum?

Bradstyley said:
I was in favour of hanging, drawing & quartering the fcukers but NOOOOO, apprently that violates their human rights or something gay like that, what about the victim's rights not to get kicked to death by inbred ratboy scum?
In this country the Offender's human rights are more important than the Victim's human rights.

Until society learns that you can't have your human rights protected unless you fulfill you social responsibilities, things won't change.

Bradstyley said:
Couldn't agree more. However, capital punishment is barred by our Euro masters and we'll never see it in Britain again. A whole life tariff will remain the maximum punishment for murder.

The two 'ratboys' who murdered Sophie Lancaster are about as compelling a case for a whole life sentence that I can think of. They killed her because they didn't like her choice of clothes. David Beckham must be living in fear.

At her funeral, her boyfriend turned up in a smart suit with a pair of bat wings attached to the back. What the hell's that all about?

Ancient_Mariner said:
Bradstyley said:
Couldn't agree more. However, capital punishment is barred by our Euro masters and we'll never see it in Britain again. A whole life tariff will remain the maximum punishment for murder.

The two 'ratboys' who murdered Sophie Lancaster are about as compelling a case for a whole life sentence that I can think of. They killed her because they didn't like her choice of clothes. David Beckham must be living in fear.

At her funeral, her boyfriend turned up in a smart suit with a pair of bat wings attached to the back. What the hell's that all about?
It depends who is in power, we are in full capability to reintoduce the death penalty.

9 months seems a bit of a feck you though may have made a point and the judge looked at the lowest possible reduction
Goths stupid looking but mostly harmless
though enough armed could probably do for the scum.
" your free to go I suggest you run as the 1000 goths out side seem to be a bit more moody than usual but I' sure those katana's there carrying are only for self harming :D "
Not broken any euro law about death sentences then :twisted:

Plant-Pilot said:
Bradstyley said:
In this country the Offender's human rights are more important than the Victim's human rights.

Until society learns that you can't have your human rights protected unless you fulfill you social responsibilities, things won't change.
I agree totally mate, you do wrong you loose the right to human rights cause in my book you aint human

Ancient_Mariner said:
Bradstyley said:

Hate to burst your EU hating bubble but capital punishment was abolished long before we joined the EU (EEC) and being part of that community has nothing to do with justice. What you are looking for is the European Convention on Human Rights which has bugger all to do with the EU which is about shopping not justice. But don’t let facts get in the way of your EU hating rant. And you will also see if you look at it carefully that the minimum sentence is X year before they are eligible for parole. The sentence is life and if they commit any crime after they are let out they go back inside.

Although locking them up for the rest of their life may seem a good idea, they are likely to live till they are into their 70s and I am not overly keen on paying 1000s for their upkeep every year for 60 years. Although it has been worked out in the US that it is cheaper to keep them locked up for life then kill them as it cost the state a lot to go through the process of killing them.

The Chinese have a quicker, simpler and cheaper system.

JoseyWales said:
Under Human Rights legislation ' everyone has the right to life'.

Except of course, the victims of murder.
Human rights legislation is supposed to protect individuals from the state, were the chavs told to kill goths by the state?

No.

Therefore "human rights" has sod all to do with it.

JoseyWales said:

That chavscum deprived Sophie Lancaster of her right to life; ergo, it should follow that they have rescinded their own human rights, particularly the right to life, and that should apply across the board, convicted murderers, rapists, the whole fucking lot. Herbert & Harris, Venables & Thompson, Huntley, the whole fucking lot.

If a rabid dog had savaged and killed this woman (well girl really) then it would have been immediately destroyed.

What's the difference???

JoseyWales said:

Isn't it about time that a "Life" sentence should mean exactly that? Brer Yank sticks all sorts of people away and gives them 99 years - that'll f**k 'em

Do me a favour. If you're still serving, don't ever offer to speak for anybody at a summary trial.

offog said:
Hate to burst your EU hating bubble but capital punishment was abolished long before we joined the EU
That will be news to Anthony Teare, who was sentenced to death in Douglas Court in 1992. You're thinking of capital punishment for murder which was abolished under English law in 1969. Capital punishment remained available for other offences in England until 1998 and it was only finally abolished in the Crown Dependencies in 2006.

offog said:
But don’t let facts get in the way of your EU hating rant.
OK I won't. But only if you do the same. My post doesn't mention the EU.

offog said:
And you will also see if you look at it carefully that the minimum sentence is X year before they are eligible for parole. The sentence is life and if they commit any crime after they are let out they go back inside.
The concept of a tariff is not new to me so I don't need to look carefully. Contrary to popular belief, prisoners on licence do not face automatic recall if they commit a crime. Recall is at the discretion of the National Offender Management Service who, like you, nearly always feel that sending the lags back to jail is too costly.

This is irrelevant though as this year's Criminal Justice Act generally requires recalled prisoners to be re-released automatically after only 28 days back inside. With the exception of two cases, even those who commit murder while on life licence don't spend the rest of their lives in prison - they get released again.

offog said:
Although locking them up for the rest of their life may seem a good idea, they are likely to live till they are into their 70s and I am not overly keen on paying 1000s for their upkeep every year for 60 years.
You'd be quids in! The Home Office states that crime costs the UK £60 billion per year. Most crime is committed by 100,000 persistent criminals. At current prices, it would cost £3 billion per year to keep them in jail.

You do the maths.

Latest Threads