Got your Veterans Badge ?

Have you got your Veterans Badge ?

• No, although entitled but not claimed yet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Entitled and claimed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Inspired by another topic.

Have you got your Veterans badge.

Ya boo sucks...I have.

Yes thanks I put it with my Liverpool08 ambassadors badge and I love tufty.
I nearly broke it geting it out the box though....doh.

the_butler said:
Yes thanks I put it with my Liverpool08 ambassadors badge and I love tufty.
I nearly broke it geting it out the box though....doh.
So when is this bloody big dig going to be finished?? :)

Got mine with my red book about six months after I left by the way, coincidently wore it for the first time today to see a client who also happened to be wearing one.

Pox_Dr said:
Arrived 2 days before I left the services
My single working brain-cell cannot understand how someone can be 'veteran' when they are still 'serving'.

I will not apply for mine (service Oct '61 to Mar '97 qualifies me I think) because it would imply approval of something initiated by this disgraced, dishonest, repellent, squalid government.

Your having a laugh, a veterens badge....what next a council tax badge for all those who have paid it since its conception, get a grip.. Medals have value for those who earned them...a badge for those who didnt get off our shores or see combat/operations is a bit naff and demeaning to those who did

chimp503 said:
Your having a laugh, a veterens badge....what next a council tax badge for all those who have paid it since its conception, get a grip.. Medals have value for those who earned them...a badge for those who didnt get off our shores or see combat/operations is a bit naff and demeaning to those who did
So you dont have one then!

How do you know what I have or have not earned or where Ive been & what Ive done, you sad fcuk

chimp503 said:

Could that also apply to those who have the LSGC.....and never been in combat!!!!!

chimp503 said:
It's an easy one Gimp503, if you're entitled to one and think it demeans you don't apply for one, on the other hand you could be a civvie c*nt thats not entitled anyway.

You missed a couple of options there: Yes - Entitled and not arrsed. No - Not entitled and still not arrsed.

Got mine, whats to protocol on wearing it

The protocols are:

i) You must be over 18st.
ii) Be at least forty years of age.
iii) Still live with your parents.
iv) Have no fashion sense.
v) Have questionable personal hygene.
vi) Have purchased said item of eBay.
Vii) Have served at least three years in 49 Para.
Viii) Have no other tokens of service to be proud of.

I have mine , and have worn it , and have been asked about it, however the " you look too young to have been in the second world war" comments beggar belief. I am sure the general population of this country have no idea .
WW

got mine about 18 months ago
Initially thought some ta@t at Glasgow or Innsworth had fecked up as the blurb that came with it said'for those who served in WWII and up until 196?'

Cheeky beggars thinks I, only having been born in the late 60's
However after contacting Veterans Admin , they assured me , it's Kosher and i'm entitled
so it'll get worn , when the occasion permits
not like one former colleague , who uses his as a tie-pin

BuckFelize said:
The protocols are:

i) You must be over 18st.
ii) Be at least forty years of age.
iii) Still live with your parents.
iv) Have no fashion sense.
v) Have questionable personal hygene.
vi) Have purchased said item of eBay.
Vii) Have served at least three years in 49 Para.
Viii) Have no other tokens of service to be proud of.
You'll not be wearing yours then ? :D

I am a life member of a mess frequented by MoD civilians and retired service personnel. Wearing medal ribbons would be naff but a discreet badge helps distinguish the 'plank-owners' from the rest (that, and the size of the messbills).

chimp503 said:
So they apparently didn't also serve who only stand and wait, eh chimp? You chimp...of course you'll have a chest full?