Got to be a top Arrse stocking filler!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Sir_Sidney_Ruff_Diamond, Nov 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Commando": The Dirty Dozen: The Best 12 "Commando" Books of All Time

Synopsis
    'Achtung!', 'Gott in Himmel!', 'Donner und Blitzen!' For the generations of men whose obsession with military history was triggered by reading war comics in their youth, here at last, is Commando's ultimate collection of Second World War stories. The Dirty Dozen showcases the best of the best - and 25 per cent bigger than the originals, so old guys can read the strips without their glasses! Chosen by current Editor George Low, the brilliantly drawn stories in this classic collection range from backs-to-the-wall heroics at Dunkirk and Battle of Britain dogfights, through desert warfare in North Africa and daring commando raids behind enemy lines, to tough battles across Europe from D-Day to VE Day. For everyone whose comic-book battle lust has ever been stirred by Nazi cries of 'Die! Englischer schweinhund', The Dirty Dozen will transport them right back into fictional combat situations they'd forgotten were so much fun. Aaarrghh!

2. Fcukin brilliant going on my list together with the entire back catalogue of Warlord annuals.

3. Where? where? who stocks this?

4. It is in my local Ottakars and is also on Amazon

5. i've just come in my pants .... if this is true i'll be happy as f uck ... every child i know will recieve one with the Christmas message

"Take that Jerry" :D

6. Saw it at Ottackers bookshop yesterday and rang my Mother so she could get it for me. Still remember the gallant Kiwi fighting the Japs and the Jap Colonel calling out 'Banzai, he fights like a bear!'

Christmas has come early.

7. They are also doing Charlie's War!!!!!

Fantastic!!!!

8. vonshot
    should that not "vhere, vhere und vhen" ????
    Sorry I am bored
    B_T

9. LOL :D :D Just ran down to WHSmiths... yes brothers, it is true, much bigger than I thought and packed full of hetro manliness, training pamphlets for the youth of today "you lousy squareheads you just killed the bravest guy in the British Army"

Fantastic

10. I was sent a flyer for a book called "How to stage a military coup: from planning to execution" by Ken Connor and David Hebditch. Has anyone read it? - is it worth putting on my list for Santa Claus? :lol:

available from www.greenhillbooks.com

11. Couldn't ARRSE send CGS a copy for Christmas.. Hey lets hold our own regime change in the new year

12. "Generalissimo Poppy" - hmmmmmmmmmm that works! 8) 8) 8)