Got snapped by a speed camera, help!!!

#1
Got snapped to day on the bike doing approx 50mph in a 40, anyone got any get out of jail free cards or advice that they could share?

Especially relevant to the plod that reside on this board!!!!

Thanks in advance!
 
#3
Bravo2nothing said:
Got snapped to day on the bike doing approx 50mph in a 40, anyone got any get out of jail free cards or advice that they could share?

Especially relevant to the plod that reside on this board!!!!

Thanks in advance!
lol don't speed. 3 points and £60.
 

Percy

Old-Salt
#5
Bravo2nothing said:
Cpl_ripper said:
Bravo2nothing said:
Got snapped to day on the bike doing approx 50mph in a 40, anyone got any get out of jail free cards or advice that they could share?

Especially relevant to the plod that reside on this board!!!!

Thanks in advance!
lol don't speed. 3 points and £60.

Funny Fuc*er
Nothing funny about doing 50 in a 40 limit on a motorbike; I bet you're one of those blokes who overtakes on bends as well.
 
#6
As John Cleese said " Your facking nicked me old beauty"
 
#7
Bravo2nothing said:
Got snapped to day on the bike doing approx 50mph in a 40, anyone got any get out of jail free cards or advice that they could share?

Especially relevant to the plod that reside on this board!!!!

Thanks in advance!
i have a PDF document that is pretty good and shows ways of avoiding it if it comes, if you want it email me your address by PM and ill mail it you. if you hear nothing within 2 weeks your in the clear. they have to inform you within that time frame.

let me know
 
#8
Percy, obviously you must be a Saint. Take your halo off, doesn't suit your long neck!

The camera was over the gantires on the M25 Surrey stetch, not in built up area and the traffic was clear and free flowing.

ArmySurplusSpecial, Thanks, I'll do that!
 
#9
Percy said:
Bravo2nothing said:
Cpl_ripper said:
Bravo2nothing said:
Got snapped to day on the bike doing approx 50mph in a 40, anyone got any get out of jail free cards or advice that they could share?

Especially relevant to the plod that reside on this board!!!!

Thanks in advance!
lol don't speed. 3 points and £60.

Funny Fuc*er
Nothing funny about doing 50 in a 40 limit on a motorbike; I bet you're one of those blokes who overtakes on bends as well.
or one of those spanners who does 40 in a 30 zone, Commit the crime and do the time...
 
#10
Find a friend with a bike licence, admit that either you or your friend was riding and speeding, but make it abslutely clear that you cannot be sure which one of you was riding your bike at that particular spot as you'd been trying out each others bike.

Send both licences and a postal order for the fine, thay cannot endorse both licences for tha same offence......


Of course you can simply refuse to fill in the Notice of Intended Prosecution, under Article 6 of The European Convention on Human Rights NIP's are illegal as they force you to confess to a crime. Going down this route can lead to an awful lot of hassle. Uncle Tony has declared that UK law takes precedence over international law when it comes to little things like Speedcamera profits

Its 28 days they have to inform you
 
#11
Cpl_ripper said:
Percy said:
Bravo2nothing said:
Cpl_ripper said:
Bravo2nothing said:
Got snapped to day on the bike doing approx 50mph in a 40, anyone got any get out of jail free cards or advice that they could share?

Especially relevant to the plod that reside on this board!!!!

Thanks in advance!
lol don't speed. 3 points and £60.

Funny Fuc*er
Nothing funny about doing 50 in a 40 limit on a motorbike; I bet you're one of those blokes who overtakes on bends as well.
or one of those spanners who does 40 in a 30 zone, Commit the crime and do the time...
You two clowns obviously know me, have been riding with me and have the ability to read minds.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
 
#12
Bravo2nothing said:
Percy, obviously you must be a Saint. Take your halo off, doesn't suit your long neck!

The camera was over the gantires on the M25 Surrey stetch, not in built up area and the traffic was clear and free flowing.

ArmySurplusSpecial, Thanks, I'll do that!
You obviously haven't done time in Germany, speed limits are there for the safety of us all, not for you to make an assessment and interpret in your own manner. I am sure that the vast majority will agree that you deserve to be nicked.

For the record I was nicked for speeding not long ago just outside Prague (at the end of a long drive and I wasn't concentrating) - on the spot fine and a swift reminder that I needed to take a break.

Stop whinging and pay up.
 
#13
Chucks hoofing great rock at everyone.

You could of course hope that the camera has no film in it! Speed on its own does not kill-inappropiate use of speed does.
Lets be honest here- who actually sticks to 70 mph on the motorway? Honestly? On a Friday afternoon going weekenders? Motorway speedlimits need to be reviewed.

Of course, if you are speeding in built up areas then you deserve to get done and have the book chucked at you but on empty motorways? C'mon!
 
#14
Percy said:
Bravo2nothing said:
Percy, obviously you must be a Saint. Take your halo off, doesn't suit your long neck!

The camera was over the gantires on the M25 Surrey stetch, not in built up area and the traffic was clear and free flowing.

ArmySurplusSpecial, Thanks, I'll do that!
You obviously haven't done time in Germany, speed limits are there for the safety of us all, not for you to make an assessment and interpret in your own manner. I am sure that the vast majority will agree that you deserve to be nicked.

For the record I was nicked for speeding not long ago just outside Prague (at the end of a long drive and I wasn't concentrating) - on the spot fine and a swift reminder that I needed to take a break.

Stop whinging and pay up.
What on earth are dribbling on about? Germany? Of what relevance is your labourious point? As a matter of fact I have "done time" in Germany and your comment still means nothing. As far as deserving to be "nicked," until it is proven that the speed cameras were in fact on for a reason, not left on by some mindless idiot in the highways agency or there was a technical fault with the variable speed limit, don't start throwing stupid, pointless statements about. Qualify what it is you know, once you realise it is nothing that should compel you to shutup.
 
#15
what cant you read!! speed limits are there for a reason if you break em and get caught, tough titty!! stop going on about it and pay the fine. what you asking on here for, you an illiegal immigrant or something!
 
#16
Even the Germans (with the able assistance of RMP) can get it wrong.
Years back, Capt Trackpen was invited to a chat with the CO - a chat at which no coffee would be on the agenda.
"You've really done it this time (it had been a bad couple of months one way or another, but that's probably for another thread!). They're throwing the book at you. Driving without due care and attention, speeding, and, the best of all, being asleep at the wheel. And to prove it, they've got a photograph!"
I was ordered to report to the nearest RMP house to be interviewed under caution.
So I toddle along to see the monkeys, get cautioned, and they produce their piece de resistance.
"Yup," I said, putting my hands up, "can't deny it, that's my car, the various indications show the date, time, place and speed and, indeed, that's me gonking." (I don't think the monkey could believe I was going down so easily, to be honest.)
"BUT," I continued, "this shot was taken from about a 45 deg angle from the nearside and clearly shows one portion of the car including the BFG number plate (- the old two letter, three number, B -) and only the left-hand seat. If you would care to come and look at my vehicle, it is a right-hand drive, a fairly common layout for BFG. That being so, I was perfectly entitled to gonk as the Frau was driving."
"Oh Ferck," says the monkey.
"Looks like somebody has cooked up here, either German civpol and almost certainly up and down the CoC if somebody has let it go this far, for me to be cautioned, without even considering the possibility that a BFG car might just be a RHD. Clearly, the wife was in the wrong, so what's to be done?"
"Too fercking difficult, I'm destroying the evidence on this one."
In vain I begged for a copy of the photo, it would have made a great conversation piece hung up in the downstairs bog!
 
#17
Bravo2nothing said:
Percy said:
Bravo2nothing said:
Percy, obviously you must be a Saint. Take your halo off, doesn't suit your long neck!

The camera was over the gantires on the M25 Surrey stetch, not in built up area and the traffic was clear and free flowing.

ArmySurplusSpecial, Thanks, I'll do that!
You obviously haven't done time in Germany, speed limits are there for the safety of us all, not for you to make an assessment and interpret in your own manner. I am sure that the vast majority will agree that you deserve to be nicked.

For the record I was nicked for speeding not long ago just outside Prague (at the end of a long drive and I wasn't concentrating) - on the spot fine and a swift reminder that I needed to take a break.

Stop whinging and pay up.
What on earth are dribbling on about? Germany? Of what relevance is your labourious point? As a matter of fact I have "done time" in Germany and your comment still means nothing. As far as deserving to be "nicked," until it is proven that the speed cameras were in fact on for a reason, not left on by some mindless idiot in the highways agency or there was a technical fault with the variable speed limit, don't start throwing stupid, pointless statements about. Qualify what it is you know, once you realise it is nothing that should compel you to shutup.
What are you talking about - are you some sort of quasi human rights lawyer? By your own admission you were doing 50 in a 40 limit = guilty. Debate over the rights and wrongs of a particular limit are not relevant.

As for Germany - the prevelence of speed trap cameras, the policing of the 50k limit in towns and villages and the ruthless serving of the fine on the guilty by the military teach most to slow down pretty quickly. It's almost Darwinean really - obviously your gene pool is unaffected.

Pay up
 
#18
BTW Percy, if you had done time on a bike in Germany you would have realised that the camera takes the image from the front. Bikes dont have a plate on the front, so all the gestapo get is a helmeted face giving the camera the bird while pulling a wheelie (not I did this every time I went past a camera for 3 years... honest!).

If you are involved in an accident, and your speed was a contributing factor due to the conditions (even if you were below the signposted limit), then you deserve to be screwed, and even more so if someone is injured.

When roads are empty here in Eastern Europe I will happily go for bursts (in my car or on my bike) up to 300kmph. As I approach traffic I slow down to legal speeds in order to assess the situation (police, drunk driver, overtaking granny, etc). In urban areas I often do not exceed 40kmph (posted max is 50) due to kids, traffic volume and road conditions.

A friend was flashed in his Porsche doing 44mph in a 40 zone (the camera was behind the speed sign indicating the new limit). Next to us was a 50ton HGV doing 40. Who could have stopped sooner or avoided an accident with more ease? His car weighs in at 1,200kgs. Are you one of these dangerous cnuts who drives at exactly the speed limit in the centre lane and then pulls out on people trying to overtake to stop them from breaking the law? Is your father an Austrian (as was Hitler)? Do you know who your father is? DO you drive a 4x4? A discovery driving at 70mph has a 70% longer breaking distance than a ferrari 360 doing 100mph.
 
#19
Surely if you were travelling at 50 on a motorway, you were 20 MPH below the legal limit?
I'm not sure on the legal standing of the variable limits, but I would think (at the very least) that they would need to PROVE that the signs were displaying 40.
I'm fairly sure that you specifically remember passing a variable limit sign & it was not illuminated - don't you?


TTFN

BFG
 
#20
i know that when the funky boards above lanes on Motoways give speeds or there are signs giving speed limits etc only those speed limits encased in a red circle are mandatory. that said it probably works a bit like the drink driving rules you can be done for driving under the influence even if you aren't over the limit
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top