• Fundamentalist (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extremist (please specify)

• Other...

• Total voters
Because I certainly don't!

An athiest all the way for me! How about everyone else? What are your beliefs and why?

Please by all means slag religion off in this thread because I intend to as well. I don't think it has a place in modern society and undermines the progression of the human race.

Be serious, be funny, take the piss.

Christianity sucks mighty arrse!!

Christian.

Tho' I'm wondering why your voting categories distinguish between that and Catholic. 8) :lol:

There are various forms of catholicism, of which the Roman Obedience is only one.

caubeen said:
Christian.

Tho' I'm wondering why your voting categories distinguish between that and Catholic. 8) :lol:

There are various forms of catholicism, of which the Roman Obedience is only one.
Then perhaps specification is order for the uneducated (me)...?

I've got the whole doctor thing going on.

I refuse to believe in something I've absolutely no proof for whatever.

I do however believe that if a patient thinks that religious beliefs help them and it has the psychosomatic effect on them then fine!

I like to call myself a humanist.............I suspect G2 looney bin that you like to be called a smart arse bugger.......haven't you got any work? :D

frankiebaby said:
I like to call myself a humanist.............I suspect G2 looney bin that you like to be called a smart arse bugger.......haven't you got any work? :D
Speak for yourself!

Thank God I'm an Atheist.

Read my sig.

All religious fundamentalists should be rounded up and buggered to death by large, atheist rugby players.

Does that make me "intolerant"? Don't care. Fcuk 'em. Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Baptist, Eastern Orthodox...fcuk the entire big shiny rainbow of 'em. Religious fundies are the cause of most of the world's misery.

I was raised in a very religious environment, and in spite of this I do still practice some Christian (and native religious) principles. I believe in a higher power, based on my own personal experiences. But that's me. Nobody else has to be on board with it. I have nothing but contempt for people that are so weak-minded they need a set of laws carved in stone to tell them how to think...and have the nerve to condescend to people who don't agree as somehow not "getting it."

But what do atheists shout out during sex?

DontMentionTheWar said:
I've got the whole doctor thing going on.

I refuse to believe in something I've absolutely no proof for whatever.

I do however believe that if a patient thinks that religious beliefs help them and it has the psychosomatic effect on them then fine!
How does the Christian Psychiatrist decide that his patient is cured?

When the patient tells him the name of his imaginary friend is JESUS :lol:

Iam a devout Last Minute redemptionist. God loves a reformed sinner so I live a sinful lager fueled existence safe in the knowledge that my recorded video confession and plea for forgiveness will get me into heaven. It is a win win I truly recommend!

Wija72 said:
Hindu? Jedi? Protestant?
I see a divine being in the mirror every morning.

Wonder who it is?

Wija72 said:
Hindu? Jedi? Protestant?
Whats the difference you/they are all misguided fools. However if it makes you feel any better to think you will live forever I see no harm in it as long as you keep it to yourselves......

TankiesYank said:
I do still practice some Christian (and native religious) principles.
Sounds fascinating.Do these "native practices" include;

Smoking the Peace Pipe?
Eating Peyote ?
"Communing" in the sweat lodge?
Hanging from trees with skewers through your nipples?

Just curious :?:

Trevelez said:
Religion is shoite, because when it hits the fan everyone starts praying
And praying can bring a country to its knees.

I am a devout Athiest and also a Humanist.

I was about 12 (being brought up methodist) when I realised that all this god stuff was bollox. If someone wants to believe in god, that is fine, but keep it to yourselves and leave me, santa and the pixies living in my garden alone.

Ski.

I was in a large canteen a short while ago, when one of the PC brigade marched in and dropped a pile of 'ethnic and religious questionares' on the counter and said they were being sent to the Mayor of Londons office to enable them to judge the make up of our group.
Before they were all put away in the circular filing cabinet, some bright spark suggested we all put down 'Klingon' (as in Startrek) for religion. Some 300 guys grabbed a pen and duly filled form out. Never heard another thing. I put 'Klingon' down now everytime I am asked. If we all did it, Klingon' would very quickly becom a major force for the churches to contend with. Bagsy I'm first archbishop, his klingonship the great.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 14
L The Intelligence Cell 0
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 7