Got my dog handler selection tomoz and just got the flu.need

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by owz88, Jan 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm normally really fit I can do the mile and half in 10.15 but if been really ill ova the past couple of days and it has totally drained me. I don't want to postpone it as I have been waiting since I passed my first selection in augest. What do I do? Need help quickly.

2. hot bath hot toddie wrap up and sweat it out.

3. Hot toddie yes mate.

4. Depends what sort of flu it is

Man Flu- get a grip, grow some its only a running nose ffs

Proper Flu : Typical clinical features of influenza include

* fever (usually 100° F to 103° F in adults and often even higher in children),
    * respiratory symptoms such as
    o cough,
    o sore throat,
    o runny or stuffy nose,
    * headache,
    * muscle aches, and
    * fatigue, sometimes extreme.
    nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea can sometimes accompany influenza infection,

Follow Jarrods advice

Best of luck ether way

5. Don't embarass yourself. That time is poor.

6. Thank you all for ya help. I'm on the case. Cheers every one.

7. A PTI once told me that you shouldn't run if you have a cold as there is extra strain on the heart.

Can't seem to shake this cold i've had for the last 10 years.

8. WW you don’t understand how serious man flu is please don’t dismiss this life threatening, dehabilitating decease like some sort of PMT or other female whinge.

Man Flu can kill

Or at least feel like poo

9. dude if you have access to a sauna get in it . spend around 20-30 mins in there with temp between 85-95 degrees and sweat it out.! if you cannot then go fill a fairly big bowl full of boilin hot water get some albas oil if you have some or vicks put some in the bowl get a towel over your head and hang your head over the bowl for around 25-30 mins inhailing the vapours !

guarentee results !

10. my advice would be to man up and go to selection; if your flappin over a lickle sniffle what are you going to do when / if you get to depot? or operations?! get on with it!!

11. has worked for me everytime i`ve needed it. as long as u are drinking fluids to replace lost ones ya fine. former marine who works at my gym even uses it and carnt stress enough how good it is as the extra temperature brings on a feverish state and the body starts sweatin out the nastys which is only a good thing

12. I gotta agree with Asherz, using a sauna or steam room makes you feel a hell of alot better, drink loads of water to replace lost fluids & stretch stiff muscles while in the sauna.

Also at night drink tea with honey & if you sleep in a really small or box room, leave your door open so air can circulate more

13. Listen to Jarrod, not old wives tales.

Also as well as Paracetamol you can take Ibuprophen at the same time as it works in a different way to Paracetamol. My drugdealer(Pharmacist) friend always recommends this.

Or listen to granny and slap on the goose fat, cover with a damp t-shirt and run on the spot in the sauna carrying a full bergan, avoid any fluid replacement as that is just pampering the germs.

14. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Seconded Jarrod!!! Up there on a par with other similarly crap old wives' tales.
    Hot drinks such as Ribena or honey and lemon are good for easing the throat etc too tho

(And you re not the only registered nurse :p )

15. Motion carried Jarrod and mwl946. (I too am a registered nurse).

Paracetamol, ibuprofen and plenty of fluids.

Turn up tomorrow, let them know you've been unwell then do your best. Don't keep dwelling on it though - just dig in and get on with it, then you can go home and die.

Good luck, all the best...