Got any Comet Vouchers?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fltpilot, Nov 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If so spend them quickly, in fact very quickly, well like very quickly tonight, NOW!

Troubled electrical chain Comet has called administrators in today after struggling to compete with rivals - a move which may threaten 6,000 jobs. The company, which has struggled to compete against fierce competition from the supermarkets and cut-price websites, has appointed accountant Deloitte as administrator.

2. I'm surprised they lasted so long.

3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

A bit like Woolworths. Complacent dinosaurs who had their eye off of the ball. Fuck off off of the High Street and make space for people who have a clue. Like Primark. No sympathy for Comet I'm afraid.

4. Website is down, was hoping to grab a few bargains

5. A couple of years ago I fancied treating myself to an I Pod touch and did some research on prices.

I popped into Comet and asked if they could beat the price of an online supplier and was given a resounding NO.

The wankers should have tried harder.

6. I dropped £900 there last Sat on new kitchen kit... Comet were always willing to haggle (one store saved me £250 off a panny plasma). Thankfully I paid on Visa and not the debit card!

If they do go under, then as the stock is already paid for and not the property of the manufacturer/distributor, then there is a good chance of fire sales in the stores... :)

7. I have a fridge/freezer which I bought from Comet 10 years ago. I have worn out socks in the bin which I bought from Primark last week. What was that about having a clue, again.

8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

went into a branch looking for a new pc a few years ago, with a grand and a half in my pocket, wanting to take one there and then. asked them if they would do a knockoff for cash and got the big FO.
    went next door to PC world (I know, but I had done my research first and knew they had some nice machines in stock) where they were happy to take my money off me and took a fair bit off the total into the bargain.

9. Stop wanking with a belt sander and give your knob a chance to recover, then you won't wear out your socks so quickly.

10. ...6000 out of work just before Christmas..poor fuckers

• Like Like x 3
  11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

shite innit.

12. But also amusing for Amazon.

13. A few years ago, I went to PC world in Hereford. I had £2k in cash on me and knew exactly what PC and tackle I wanted. All the dipshit saleswoman had to do was get them, 5 mins and jobs jobbed.....or was it?

She tried to get me to buy a business computer....that I'd have to wait 4 weeks for delivery for. 'No luv, I want that one there to take home now and I aint even a business user'

Disappears for 10 mins

No I don't need norton 360, put it back on the shelf with the other fucking viruses.

Disappears for 10 mins

I need a network dongle or card...no love, that's for a laptop, I'm buying a desk top....dont argue, I KNOW its not right...PLEASE put it back on the shelf.

Disappears for 10 mins

For fuck sake, I dont need kaspersky, put it back on the shelf where you put the norton, how long will it take for me to get my computer?

I wait around like a lemon for another 10 mins, sans customer advisor

I need a 5.1 speaker system...no they are micro speakers for ipods...I need a fucking 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM FOR A PC

Disappears for another 10 mins, no sign of my computer still.

The manager came walking past and I tried to get his attention, he blanked me...until a shelf of promoted software came tumbling into his direction, I called him all the cunts under the sun and left.

I went round to comet and said straight "You have 10 mins to get me a list of stuff or I'm walking out and I'm in a right mood after the cunts at PC world"....."no problem sir, we get a lot of irate customers come in from them useless idiots"

10 mins later I had PC and all the gubbins i needed, Free speakers and 15% discount on a tidy LG monitor

14. You must be very proud.

15. Yes but sadly it's time for a new PC now This one has worked hard for 3 years and can't be upgraded (small form factor & DDR2 RAM). I shall not be going to PC world/currys.

I might build one.