Gortex Jackets Falklands SAS issue

Tasty

Swinger
Hi I'm interested in finding out what make of jackets was issued /privately purchased in bulk to the special forces in the Falklands war.G squadron in particularly had all the same jackets.(Dark Green with a badge on breast).Any ideas?

Tasty

Swinger
Hi I'm interested in finding out what make of jackets was issued /privately purchased in bulk to the special forces in the Falklands war.G squadron in particularly had all the same jackets.(Dark Green with a badge on breast).Any ideas?
Guy in the front has one

Attachments

Cotswold Camping, South Cerney.

Probably Arc'teryx ?

The QM's in Hereford is an Arc'teryx / Salomon / All Gucci Brands warehouse.

Slime

LE
Do you have any photos?
Back then Goretex was the new material on the block, and apart from independent taylor’s most of the gear was sold by the big brands of the day such as Karrimor (in the days when they were a decent company) or Berghsus.

Berghaus gear was widely used for items like Bergen’s or yeti gaiters.

Having now seen your seen your sample pic you can ignore the above.

Last edited:
Probably Arc'teryx ?

The QM's in Hereford is an Arc'teryx / Salomon / All Gucci Brands warehouse.
As they wouldn't be founded for a further 7 years that would be a tough call.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Cheers for replys, to be fair I don't know if they were Gortex here is some pictures.The badge doesn't look familiar.
Cedric Delves describes the regiment buying up all of Cotswold Camping's stock of Gore-tex and hollow-fibre jackets. Most people were in the 'standards' - Arctic windproofs, DMS and the like.

'Phoenix' brand though for the life of me I cannot remember the model ref.

Don't forget your Damart ladies thermal tights for that proper 1982 look.

Phoenix never heard of them pal.But I'm determined to get 1 lol.Thanks
WTF!!
Either you are a re-enactor with a niche role or a bellthronk. :p

Seriously, why would you want kit that is 4 decades old?
Goretex/outerwear has come on in leaps and bounds since then.

Cedric Delves describes the regiment buying up all of Cotswold Camping's stock of Gore-tex and hollow-fibre jackets. Most people were in the 'standards' - Arctic windproofs, DMS and the like.
And, as you can see from the pic above, never to be seen without a bloody camera!

Slime

LE
WTF!!
Either you are a re-enactor with a niche role or a bellthronk. :p

Seriously, why would you want kit that is 4 decades old?
Goretex/outerwear has come on in leaps and bounds since then.
Hang on, are you suggesting it’s time to move on from my woolly mammoth jacket with dodo bone buttons?

Latest Threads