Gorka - TA Int Corps Walt?

Sebastian Gorka - one of Trump's "strategic advisors" is claiming service in 22 Coy, then part of Int&Sy Gp (V) - he also claims he was involved in NI in early 1990s - which seems total b*llocks as (a) TA Int Corps were not involved in NI in 1990s, and (b) I was there at the time, and would have known if he had been in Province. He also claimed to have been involved in BiH with 22 Coy before anything substantive kicked off - again seems highly unlikely./utterly improbable/total b*llocks.

Any Corps members current or past shed any light on the 'career' of this potential strategic Walt?

Thanks.

TNB

Defence cuts? I thought 22 was a Regiment.

I'll get my coat.

B

benjaminw1

Well there were some very odd people in 22 back in the late '70s and early '80s. (Unlike 20 which was full of well adjusted handsome blades...)

Gorka has received some quite well referenced and argued kickings on twitter courtesy of this chap (in particular)

@20committee

Mr (Sorry Dr) Gorka appears to currently unable to pass his federal background check...

Controversial Trump adviser Sebastian Gorka is heading out of the White House

Gorka, a former national security editor of far-right website Breitbart, joined the administration as a terrorism adviser. He will take a job at a federal agency dealing with “the war of ideas” surrounding the battle against radical Islamic terrorism, two sources speaking on the condition of anonymity told the Washington Examiner on Sunday. CNN said several administration officials had confirmed Gorka’s departure, while The Hill spoke to an official who said Gorka, a deputy assistant to the president, will be departing that role as soon as "this summer."
Not quite sure his credentials for counter-radicalisation, given he does not read or write Arabic, never lived in the area, hasn't published anything in peer reviewed journals on the topic.

Not quite sure his credentials for counter-radicalisation, given he does not read or write Arabic, never lived in the area, hasn't published anything in peer reviewed journals on the topic.
Ah, but he's ideally qualified to be a shadow Home Secretary.

Apologies for the slight meander.

Ah, but he's ideally qualified to be a shadow Home Secretary.

Apologies for the slight meander.
I have seen no evidence he can count either.

Sebastian Gorka - one of Trump's "strategic advisors" is claiming service in 22 Coy, then part of Int&Sy Gp (V) - he also claims he was involved in NI in early 1990s - which seems total b*llocks as (a) TA Int Corps were not involved in NI in 1990s, and (b) I was there at the time, and would have known if he had been in Province. He also claimed to have been involved in BiH with 22 Coy before anything substantive kicked off - again seems highly unlikely./utterly improbable/total b*llocks.

Any Corps members current or past shed any light on the 'career' of this potential strategic Walt?

Thanks.

TNB
He is gen unlike you, you leftie journo nonce

methode_sundaytimes_prod_web_bin_bcbd2070-00e3-11e7-8489-aa00e6d4223d.jpg

Conclusive belt-and-braces proof of Reserve Int Corps membership. You doubters.
Nice gun, too.

My time in Int and Sy Gp (V) - and that of Mrs OOTS - overlapped slightly with his. Neither of us remembered him but then we were never in 22 so that doesn't mean much.

The FRY stuff might be based on some involvement with the DDT which if memory serves kept on going after Granby interviewing people from the Balkans. Given his age I would be very surprised if he was doing the interviewing but there was a team doing the back end stuff and he may well have helped out with that. Certainly what he says could just about be traced to that.

Which reminds me, I did a camp at Ashford doing data entry for the DDT (92 maybe ?) so using his logic I can now embellish my CV in a similar manner.

The NI stuff he goes on about is clearly barking given the security climate at the time but given the exaggeration applied to the DDT stuff maybe he talked to a few people from NI during a training night.

And as to the photo, he does appear un-ally even by the standards of the day. I was hardly a paragon of military ferocity but I was able to shape my beret. And buy a pair of trops.

Oh god I'm old now aren't I ....

adastra

War Hero
Even though its the Intelligence Corps, I'm almost lost for words, but......... there is a mention of DDT:

WB is fairly reliable, Conforms with behaviour pattern therefore probably true.

Latest Threads