Gorgeous George is at it again.

C

count_duckula

Hmmm... not debating with Israelis isn't racist. Bigoted, maybe.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Hold on. It could be we are all over reacting it could be he doesn't understand either Hebrew or Arabic.

Al_Adjnabi

Old-Salt
Hold on. It could be we are all over reacting it could be he doesn't understand either Hebrew or Arabic.
I'd be pleased to give him a crash course. With half a brick.

ACAB

LE
The video of him throwing his teddy in the corner is in The Sun. The rest of the Oxford debate were not overly impressed with him either.

I guess he thinks (maybe rightfully so) that this will play well to even more dissafected losers than already vote for his party. After all he must know that the well adjusted are a lost cause to Respect.

Not necessarily. Some people are so obviously fixed in their views that it would be a waste of time to debate anything with them - think Muslim Clerics, Creationists and anti-nuclear power tree huggers. And I say that not as someone who is fixed in all their views (although i am very much a fixed atheist).
Normally, I'd agree. However, if you've turned up to a debate, it's a bit different.

Perhaps if the Israeli had been an Israeli arab Galloway would not have acted the way he did.
Perhaps. Or perhaps the phrase "Uncle Tom" might have occurred to him or "traitor" or something in the same vein.

Galloway doesn't debate. He is always on permanent send and never listens to other points of view. It is all about him and so was this walk out. Articulate, yes, but one of the smuggest narcissists on the planet. Personally can't stand him.

Amongst those who are likely to vote for him he has "stuck it to" the Zionists and the "idle rich"... Again.

For the GG fan this is a 100% positive action.

Amongst those who are likely to vote for him he has "stuck it to" the Zionists and the "idle rich"... Again.

For the GG fan this is a 100% positive action.
Oh yes.

George was grandstanding for his electorate. If he loses his current seat, he's most probably done with Westminster politics so he can ill afford to upset those who do actually put him in Parliament, i.e. his electors.

There are plenty of Muslim politicians around who could very happily do his job in Parliament if he was deselected for any reason and they and their supporters will be looking for any excuse to oust him.

Whilst it's being portrayed as racism by George, it's very much more a question of personal political survival for him. Most people won't see it as that because they don't realise probably just how perilous his position is.

Of course, George will also relish the publicity he has gained out of this and will be walking into his constituency meetings waving his arms in the air like a champion boxer.

He is though a political oddity. Voters generally go for a safer bet but it goes to show that sometimes you can elect a twat if voters have a bee in their bonnet about something and want to protest and you can chuck enough people at doors to drag them out to the polling station.

bobj

Old-Salt
Galloway doesn't debate. He is always on permanent send and never listens to other points of view. It is all about him and so was this walk out. Articulate, yes, but one of the smuggest narcissists on the planet. Personally can't stand him.
My thoughts exactly, the supercilious self serving smug bastard.....

There are plenty of Muslim politicians around who could very happily do his job in Parliament if he was deselected for any reason and they and their supporters will be looking for any excuse to oust him.
George Galloway is himself a Muslim convert (or revert, as the Mohammedans laughably refer to converts.)

He has been 'married' four times, the last three times to Mohammedan women according to Muslim rite. It should be noted that it is expressly forbidden (haram) for a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man. It is impossible for such a marriage to take place according to Muslim rite.

Despite his refusal to be drawn on the matter, George Galloway is a Mahommedan.

SomersetMan

Old-Salt
Surely his conversion to Islam had nothing to do with his political ambitions, I mean he could never be so cynical and self serving could he - I mean it is all about respect isn't it?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
if he converts then a fatwa is less likely - he probably used the saudi royal family model of abstinence.

kip59

Old-Salt
George was "elected" in an area quite well known for high levels of racism against anyone who is no Muslim and for vast amounts of voter fraud from these same ethnic groups. He is simply protecting his nest egg knowing full well if he acts like this then the mindless bigots that have 30 people living in them coming election day will continue to put a tick by his name.

If anybody doubts the racism point feel free to spend some time in areas of Bradford.
agreed.

GG is in the position of not being allowed to lose an argument with white people. Easier to withdraw and mumble about inequalities.

Your point about areas in bradford is spot on. If you speak to exchange students at bradistan uni and british muslims not from the muslim heartlands, they are shocked and appalled at the attitude of a section of the population around the university.

It confused me why so many young asians stay around the uni so late at night. I asked one of the guys on my course and he said that they have far more freedom to mix together in groups of blokes and girls at uni, once they leave they have to be far more aware of who and where they are. It seems that uni is an open place where they can learn and mix without religion or culture interfering too much.

Shame. but it does highlight the stranglehold of those who enforce the religion and culture outside of the uni.

That's an excellent summary. I've never heard or seen the fellow, but read some of his leaden manifesto, and the occasional bored moment has been filled with u-tube video of him. Although he tried it with Christopher Hitchens, and failed, he never argues a point, but does the Provisional SF thing of wholly ignoring it while shouting another. I suppose it's a political operator's PR style like all the others - New Labour balls of grease did it quite well, too - but it's a cop-out as it never addresses the point being debated. In the old Leninist way of appealing to a won constituency, he strokes and licks the prejudices of his own audience, but never touches those of the opposition.

Latest Threads