Gordo's £400M

I know where the money wont go... where it is needed.

Bowman 'upgrades'

In fact, just thought. Why not let people bid for a slice of it. Not the branches of the services, but individual soldiers.

Personally, I would like to holiday or a new exhaust for my car.

I was wondering where this extra money was coming from, but just received our latest LOA review. Bastards. The Chancellor Giveth and then he removeth with bloody interest :evil:

Benjaminw1 said:
Secret-Squirrel said:
According to the BBC Website:

Defence

* Extra £400 promised for defence
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4354159.stm

:lol:
Doh! I know that, where in defence is it going? :roll:
£400 is not a lot and sums up Labours commitment to the Armed Forces. That much wouldn't even pay for half a face lift for the Poodle of Darkness. Might buy him a new ginger tweed jacket in which he can appear in a few more Buff-Hoon inspired apologies for the dreadful troops under his command.

I have seen the £400 M but I have also seen on sky news "13.07 £3.7bn more spent on defence" whats that about ? This year or last ? Any ideas........ thanks

Bearing_Picket said:
I have seen the £400 M but I have also seen on sky news "13.07 £3.7bn more spent on defence" whats that about ? This year or last ? Any ideas........ thanks
It's the same #3.7 billion promised last July. Double-counting, a Neue Arbeit speciality. Take away the cost overrun on procurement projects(Astute, Typhoon, Brimstone, Nimrod MRA4 etc), Broon's refusal to pay for #500m-worth of costs in Iraq, and there's not a lot of change. In fact, we'd better have a whip-round.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
£400 pay for Tea at MOD Central? - I think not.

By the terms of the wonderful contract here at MOD Central (A PFI to gladden the heart of Gordon Brown, off balance-sheet, etc) we get 3 x hot drinks per day for 20p each. Contractors (AMEY services) normally charge around 80p. Therefore someone has to pay the extra 60p difference. As ther Septics say, do the Math. 4,000 x 60p x 200 days a year = £480,000 per year, or around £1300 a day. It's in the contract, AMEY get this (in fact, a great deal more, as I am being VERY conservative with numbers here).

So no, the £400 won't buy my tea :D

Bowman 'upgrades'

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Civvy_Shot Current Affairs, News and Analysis 21