Gordon V Little Johnny

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Jokes' started by Monty417, Sep 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gordon Brown was visiting a primary school and dropped in to one of the classrooms. The teacher and kids were discussing words and their meanings. The teacher asked the PM to lead the discussion on the word 'tragedy'.

Gordon asked the kids if any knew the meaning of tragedy and to give an example.

A boy held up his hand. "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, was run over by his dad driving the tractor. That would be a tragedy."

"No, that would be an accident." Gordon explained.

A small girl stood up and offered. "If a school bus carrying fifty
    children went over a cliff and everyone was killed." That would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not". Said Mr Big, that is what would be called a great loss."

The kids went quiet and started to shuffle about.

Gordon looked around the classroom. "Anyone else? have a shot at it..just say what you think an example of tragedy might be."

Finally, at the back of the room, little Johnny raised his arm.
    "If a plane carryin' you an' Mr Darlin' was to be hit by a friendly fire missile and blown to smithereens. THAT would be a tragedy."

"Excellent!" Gordon exclaimed. "And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

Little Johnny replied. "Well it has to be a tragedy, because, it definitely wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be a fuckin' accident, either!"