Gordon Browns personal guarantee for UKs economic safety

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by armchair_jihad, Mar 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In full

2. engr172

engr172 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Thats one way to save the economy!
    Let thousands of non earning, non contributing tax sucking peasants from around the world to come here and sponge off us.
    The one eyed Pr1ck :x
  3. surely the last sentences should read:

“The British people know this is going to be a tough year.

“But they know the Labour government have got their collective snouts in the trough more than at any other time in our history."
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

hahahahaha, what complete and utter rubbish. More like it hasn't been in such a precarious state since the 1970's.
  5. Brave man, or is it stupidity?

Let him tell us all why he thinks that?

Or is it to stop another Northern Rock?
  6. 'the Premier says he feels the pain of hard-working families coping with soaring household bills'.

But what does he mean? Is he now admitting that inflation is much more than the 2% that he keeps claiming? Has he finally come to his senses?

I wouldn't believe cyclops if he told me the time and he was standing under the station clock!
  7. I feel so reassured now. Gordon is feeling the same pain as me:

Below "real" inflation pay rises
    Final salary pension scheme closed
    Extension in the number of years I have to work before retirement
    Having to fight for every promotion at work
    Meeting the rising costs of commuting to work

My list is short, but I fail to see how he claim that as he has never been one of the people.

8. Thanks for that Gordy. But how exactly do you define stability? Rising utility bills, a collapsing financial system, a really incisive and inspired budget, rising food prices blah blah blah. Does anyone look out of their window in the morning praising the Mighty Broon for his delivery of stability to their lives?

Thanks for that too. We're not all as fucking dumb as you once thought we were. But we're still not going to vote for you.

Usually by allowing the great British Public to vote them out of office. Can't wait.
  9. “We enter this latest period of uncertainty more stable and more resilient than at any other time in our history.

Deluded or what ??
  10. Bwhahahahhah!... Isn't this the same Brown who sold off our gold reserves for Euros during a historic low in gold prices? Oh and didnt he also announce this plan before hand forcing the market price even lower? Does he really believe he can pull this off and perhaps do a Clinton? Dear god i feel sorry for the poor lass who ends up looking for his stump.
  11. Burying ones head in the sand is NOT a sound fiscal policy Mr Broon
  12. UK or US: which would you rather invest in?

But it goes deeper than this. At the end of the day, if both the UK and the US are heading for recession (or in one, in the case of the US), which of those countries would you rather be invested in, assuming you had to have your money in one of them?

It’s going to be the US every time. It might be running into serious trouble, but it’s still the world’s biggest and most important economy. So if you’re an international investor who’s feeling panicky about your investments in the West, then the US will still be the place you’re most likely to divert assets to.

And of course, Britain is rapidly losing its reputation as a safe home for your money. The Northern Rock debacle took on whole new significance yesterday when the Office for National Statistics decided that £100bn would have to be added to the national debt to account for the taxpayers’ funding of the bank. The ONS is basically treating Northern Rock as a publically owned company, like the Royal Mail. This makes sense, as of course, without the government propping it up, Northern Rock would have gone bust.

Now the move doesn’t change much in practical terms, but it does look very bad for the government. It means that Gordon Brown’s rule on sustainable investment has gone completely by the wayside. He always wanted to keep national debt to less than 40% of GDP, but this takes it to 45% - above the US.
    The rules were of course, always a bit of smoke and mirrors to give economists and journalists a theoretical bone to chew over while Mr Brown got on with the serious job of squandering the country’s money on health service middle management jobs.

So we're in the best financial position are we Gordy. Lies and more lies from the incompetent fools that run our country.
  13. He has vivid imagination.
  14. Answer: in Russia or China.

Investment is not about choosing lesser of two evils...
  15. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Prime Minister, you are an utter tw@t if you think for one moment the Public will be convinced by that.

Over your 10 years as O I/C Piggy Bank, you have frittered away all the fiscal benefits you inherited from the previous Governing Party. You have shafted the Public from every angle, and through every orifice, regardless of their station in life.

I would trust your guarrrr-anteeeeee as far as there >>>>> .