Gordon Browns 10 worst financial gaffes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stinker, Aug 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Broons worst mistake was being born!

And how the fvck did we end up with the country being run by a cvnt who never even learned to drive a ****ing car? :x

2. For an ironic read this is the speech Mr Brown made at the Mansion House in 2006, I've extracted a couple of snippets just in case you die laughing when you read it.

3. Even more laughable is this one he made to the same audience in 2007

4. Only Bron could set in train the mechanism to destroy our financial institutions then claim 3 years later he's single handedly saved the UK and the rest of the world from the financial meltdown he was in a large part responsible for.

5. There's yer daddy. Fcuked up private sector final salary pensions good and proper.

6. Well he was right, wasn't he? Just not quite in the way he was attempting to suggest...

7. And, yet, you have to admire the man because he and Mr Blair managed to convince the electors three times that they were the ones who knew everything there was to know about financial management.

Unfortunately, we are only halfway through, as yet, the Greek tragedies of hubris, nemesis and catharsis!

Litotes

8. Cyclops McRuin may not be that clever over fiscal and economic policy, nor having much in the way Leadership qualities as Prime Mentalist.... But he sure can talk a load of old b0llox.... he could talk the hind leg offen a 'Push-Me-Pull-You'.. if it had any.... 'hind legs' that is

It sort of reminds me of the liarbore party..... Totally facked..... :roll: :p

Attached Files:

9. They've missed out using the tax and benefit systems as a means of wealth redistribution.

You can argue about spending 2 billion on an aircraft carrier, 3 billion on India's space programme, 20 billion on Trident subs or even 100 billion ripped from pension funds over 12 years. That's dwarfed by the £200 billion the Government spends annually on welfare payments so that one third of UK households now get most of their income from benefits.

Child benefit for millionaires, tax credits for people on £50k salaries, incapacity benefit if you are too fat to work, six figure welfare payments for refugees, private healthcare for asylum seekers, legal aid for prisoners to sue if their bog paper isn't soft enough. Saving the world doesn't come cheap you know.

10. Nice clip this. So how can London succeed when the infrastructure is crumbling? Heathrow is a joke. The Tube is still Victorian. The road network is dire. The M25 is a car-park. The housing-stock is lousy and expensive. The place is too full anyway. Half the people don't speak English.

Oh, yes, great place to do business. Perhaps if Gordon had been spending the £billions he has wasted on infrastructure projects, we could have kept our heads above the water. But London is now sunk as a financial capital, and the rest of the country with it.

11. True enough. We have whole estates, where I am, where nobody appears to have a job - the day-time television junkies in jogging pants and pushing a pram if female. And half of them shouldn't be here in the first place. Welfare city, it is called.

I had to laugh that during the good times we ran out of people willing to sell Big Issue - so they had to import immigrants to sell it!! (Big Issue was created to support the homeless, so now it is perpetuating itself by creating more homeless people!!!)

12. True enough. We have whole estates, where I am, where nobody appears to have a job - the day-time television junkies in jogging pants and pushing a pram if female. And half of them shouldn't be here in the first place. Welfare city, it is called.

I had to laugh that during the good times we ran out of people willing to sell Big Issue - so they had to import immigrants to sell it!! (Big Issue was created to support the homeless, so now it is perpetuating itself by creating more homeless people!!!)