• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Gordon Brown visits UK troops and Afghan leaders

From BBC
Gordon Brown has been visiting British troops in Afghanistan to show his support in the run-up to Christmas.

The prime minister inspected new equipment and held talks with Afghan President Hamid Karzai in Kandahar.

He said the next few months would be "critical" and urged the Afghan government to take a bigger role in confronting the Taliban.

Unusually, Mr Brown spent the night in the country, rather than flying in and out in one day.

He slept in "basic quarters" at the Kandahar air base.

There are currently about one or two attacks a week by Taliban in the Kandahar area.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8410413.stm

Oh just what you want:

Pulled the short straw and drew R & R first week in December when all your old civvy friends are not going out because their saving for Christmas. RAF take 12 hours to get you back to Bastion whereas it took them 5 days to get you home on the start of your leave. Sat in tranist accomodation in Bastion waiting for the wocka-wocka back to the PB. Try and catch a quick power gonk, rudely awakened and told to get dressed because this bell-end wants to waffle to you.

Meeting Afghans....makes a change from when he visited the hospital in Bastion in 2008 and the Afghan patients were screened off so he didnt have to see them....

yeah yeah, how can you honestly state that this man has gone to Afghanistan to show support to the troops when he won't give them the kit they need as in more helicopters, instead he prefers to send the money that could have been used for that kit to India for their poor or for some climate rubbish. That damned if he does, damned if he doesn't nonsense is just that a bag of nonsense.

Making a big thing on Sky about this clown sleeping in "basic dormitory-style quarters in Kandahar airfield" Well fcuking hell, give the man a carrot. As if we should be impressed he has foregone his usual luxury.

Twice-the-man said:
Making a big thing on Sky about this clown sleeping in "basic dormitory-style quarters in Kandahar airfield" Well fcuking hell, give the man a carrot. As if we should be impressed he has foregone his usual luxury.
. . . . . . . . . . . and [would be] damned if he doesn't

Whet said:
Twice-the-man said:
Well obviously one of his cnuty spin people has informed the media of this.

Whet said:
Twice-the-man said:
I've heard that he actually stayed in the VIP accomodation from someone who is out there, can anyone else confirm?

Twice-the-man said:
Whet said:
Twice-the-man said:
Well obviously one of his cnuty spin people has informed the media of this.
And not whoever was i/c temperary accomodation?

Wouldn't surprise me. I can remember when Des Browne came to Baghdad: utter arrogant prick who wanted to experience no discomfort whatsover and had no time for any of the blokes who put their lives on the line ferrying him around the place.

Twice-the-man said:
Wouldn't surprise me. I can remember when Des Browne came to Baghdad: utter arrogant prick who wanted to experience no discomfort whatsover and had no time for any of the blokes who put their lives on the line ferrying him around the place.

Ah - a new line to the old addage . . . . . . . . 'and damned for everybody elses shortcomings'.

:roll:

Whet said:
Twice-the-man said:

Ah - a new line to the old addage . . . . . . . . 'and damned for everybody elses shortcomings'.

:roll:
Did you mean 'adage'? Whatever happened to "Education, education, education"? And its all relative anyway, illustrative of the general Labour resentment and mistrust of the Army.

If he wants to show his support why not turn up in the lead flight of Helicopters that we need or in the passenger seat of brand new mine proof wagons??? the guys dont want platitudes they want equipment simple as that.
He is prepping for a snap election and is trying to curry support.

Latest Threads