Gordon Brown urged to call early election

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Aug 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fantastic, what are the current options?

1. Broon with his well loved (on this forum) the military don't need any proper funding policies. :x

2. David " call me dave / hug a hoodie" Cameron with about as much charisma as a pubic louse. :x

3. Menzies Cambell, not sure about him but seems to have dust falling off him whenever he moves. :x

Then there's all the others (greens, UKIP etc etc), 'bout as much use as tits on fish the lot of them. So, are liabour hoping for a 'better the devil you know' vote on this one?
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Reckon thats about the size of it, safe pair of hands etc...
  3. God help us!! We're all doomed.
  4. Sounds like it..I mean who is there to vote for?...Its going to be Brown, or Cameron, thats the choices.

Shame David Davis isnt the Torie leader, he actually talks a bit of sense.

Thank God its not 1980s Labour with that pleb welshman Neil Kinnock, or even worse before him Michael Foot. This man actually wanted to totally disband the Armed Forces at a time when a war with Russia was looming, and Kinnock said that the Falklands war was wrong and we should have handed it to the Argies.
  5. I hope PTP is working on the arrse manifesto. Time to inject some common sense into British politics.
  6. We need someone with a true military background to run for election.
  7. Wasnt Iain Duncan Smith once running for the torie leadership?

Hes an ex Guards Officer
  8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

IIRC, he WAS the Party Leader ... for a short while. Perhaps you blinked and missed it, he didn't last very long.
  9. There should not be a need to call for an early election, there should have been one already.

10. Gordon (or Gord as the Sun charmingly calls him) hasn't got the bottle. Besides, I can't be the only one that can see that the Emperor has got no clothes.
  11. Like there should be a referendum for the EU constitution? (or whatever it's being called now). Believe it when I see it.
  12. Like there should be a referendum for the EU constitution? (or whatever it's being called now). Believe it when I see it.
  13. If he has a good first '100 days' then who knows,he does seem to be pushing to the right with certain issues.
  14. Don't look at what he promises, New Labour has been doing that for 10 years - look at what he achieves. Remember, despite the best efforts of a press that should know better, Brown has been in the forefront since the beginning - he hasn't just suddenly appeared. His grubby fingers are over everything, New Labours failures are Browns failures.