Gordon Brown urged to call early election

Fantastic, what are the current options?

1. Broon with his well loved (on this forum) the military don't need any proper funding policies. :x

2. David " call me dave / hug a hoodie" Cameron with about as much charisma as a pubic louse. :x

3. Menzies Cambell, not sure about him but seems to have dust falling off him whenever he moves. :x

Then there's all the others (greens, UKIP etc etc), 'bout as much use as tits on fish the lot of them. So, are liabour hoping for a 'better the devil you know' vote on this one?

Alsacien

MIA
REgards said:
Fantastic, what are the current options?

1. Broon with his well loved (on this forum) the military don't need any proper funding policies. :x

2. David " call me dave / hug a hoodie" Cameron with about as much charisma as a pubic louse. :x

3. Menzies Cambell, not sure about him but seems to have dust falling off him whenever he moves. :x

Then there's all the others (greens, UKIP etc etc), 'bout as much use as tits on fish the lot of them. So, are liabour hoping for a 'better the devil you know' vote on this one?
Reckon thats about the size of it, safe pair of hands etc...

God help us!! We're all doomed.

Sounds like it..I mean who is there to vote for?...Its going to be Brown, or Cameron, thats the choices.

Shame David Davis isnt the Torie leader, he actually talks a bit of sense.

Thank God its not 1980s Labour with that pleb welshman Neil Kinnock, or even worse before him Michael Foot. This man actually wanted to totally disband the Armed Forces at a time when a war with Russia was looming, and Kinnock said that the Falklands war was wrong and we should have handed it to the Argies.

There should not be a need to call for an early election, there should have been one already.

SK

Gordon (or Gord as the Sun charmingly calls him) hasn't got the bottle. Besides, I can't be the only one that can see that the Emperor has got no clothes.

KGB_resident said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=X3ZQ10YXSQ3I5QFIQMFSFGGAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2007/08/02/nbrown102.xml
If he has a good first '100 days' then who knows,he does seem to be pushing to the right with certain issues.

Don't look at what he promises, New Labour has been doing that for 10 years - look at what he achieves. Remember, despite the best efforts of a press that should know better, Brown has been in the forefront since the beginning - he hasn't just suddenly appeared. His grubby fingers are over everything, New Labours failures are Browns failures.

Vimeiro said:
Seems he's issued his warning orderLinky
Labour has appointed a director of general election resources, in a move which will intensify speculation that Gordon Brown is to call a snap poll.
Businessman and former Tony Blair adviser Jon Mendelsohn will deal with improving the party's finances, membership and organisation.
http://www.jewishsf.com/content/2-0.../edition_id/315/format/html/displaystory.html

May 18, 2001
Prime Minister Tony Blair has announced that Britain's next parliamentary elections will take place June 7, but as campaigning begins in earnest, no party is chasing the Jewish vote.

The reason is simple: There isn't one in Britain.

"There is no reason to believe there will be a Jewish vote in this election," said Ivor Crewe, a political scientist and vice-chancellor of the University of Essex. "They vote like other British citizens."

That hasn't always been the case.

From the 1940s until the 1970s, Jews overwhelmingly supported the left-of-center Labor Party.

"They were demographically poor, and looking for political reform and emancipation," said Daniel Finkelstein, a senior analyst for the opposition Conservative Party.

There was a sharp shift to the right in the 1970s and 1980s.

Under the influence of radical leftist intellectuals, the Labor Party shifted from being pro-Israel to pro-Arab.
"Blair has attacked the anti-Israelism that had existed in the Labor Party," said Jon Mendelsohn, of the Labor Friends of Israel lobby group.

"Old Labor was cowboys-and-Indians politics, picking underdogs" to support, Mendelsohn said, referring to the time before Blair rebranded his party as "New Labor" in the 1990s.

"The milieu has changed. Zionism is pervasive in New Labor. It is automatic that Blair will come to Labor Friends of Israel meetings," Mendelsohn said.

The result is that the Jewish community is now fairly evenly split between the Conservatives and Labor...
Both parties have significant Jewish financial support.
But given that the Jewish community is overwhelmingly middle and upper class, it could be considered disproportionately Labor.

I hate labour but at the moment he seems the best of a very bad bunch, I don't like him one bit, but I prefer him to hoodie hugging cameron, I may for the first time ever vote labour, althought I'm still entertaining the far right protest vote option but feel that would be a waste.

An interesting view, Sergey.
But given that the Jewish community is overwhelmingly middle and upper class, it could be considered disproportionately Labor
If the Jewish Chronicle believes that the middle and upper class vote Labour, I suggest you believe in Izvestia as well.

For the middle and upper class to vote Labour is like turkeys voting for three Christmas Holidays a year.