Gordon Brown - Tories made me sell the gold

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Walter_Walt, Apr 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The bloke has trouble opening his mouth without complete bo11ocks coming out. I don't know how someone can tell us how well he has spent his time as chancellor while refusing to admit any blame for the mess we are in.....TW4T!
  2. Nothing is ever his fault, the fecker is a complete apolagist. You can tell when hes lying, his lips move.
  3. I think he sold it for $230 - $270 per ounce. It is now at $940+ an ounce.
    Why in the name of all things holy did he anounce he was going to sell thus causing a crash in the price? Is he really a fifth collumist or just a Mong?
  4. A nutter, I think.

Bit like the Mole Man bloke in the news - doesn't quite know why he does what he does....

5. No, I believe he was chancellor at the time.....and IIRC his sound byte at the time was prudence!
    I don't know who she was but she knew fook all about commodities.

My gast is well and truly flabbered!
  6. The guy is a complete mong, typical of the Nu Liarbour type of denial - nothing is ever their fault.

In selling the gold reserves he has stripped the country of its contingency funds, and sold at a knock down price. Imagine what we could have done with the difference between the then sale bargain basement price, and the price now Would have funded some equipment for the forces, or even been a good reserve for the hard times which we are undoubtedly about to enter, despite assurances that we will survice the economic downturn with minor scratches. We are all going to pay for the profligacy of this bunch of Arrseholes.

One good thing is that the depression that is about to hit us will ensure that the next 3 generations remember the disastrous government created by Nu Liarbour and hopefully keep them out of power for a considerable time.
  7. I read some where this gaff cost the UK close to £3 Billion.
  8. And who ended up with the knocked down gold ?
  9. How the f*ck can a government ever have too much gold.

King Cyclops the mad.
  10. Everyone else on the gold market who wasn't a complete idiot - waited until the price finished falling, bought and then have looked very smug ever since.
  11. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Chavs with big chunky rings?????
  12. Happens to me all the time - look in the cupboard - "Oh Sh&^, got far to many tons of gold, bastard Tories must have sneaked it in there, quick down the Dog & Duck to flog it"

Doesn't this happen to you?

Why do I imagine Captain Darling is sobbing at the moment?
  13. Ouch, stubbed my toe on a bar of gold i left lying about again. I can see his point now.
  14. That's why this sofa was so lumpy........ amazing what you can find huh?