Gordon Brown - Tories made me sell the gold

The bloke has trouble opening his mouth without complete bo11ocks coming out. I don't know how someone can tell us how well he has spent his time as chancellor while refusing to admit any blame for the mess we are in.....TW4T!

I think he sold it for $230 - $270 per ounce. It is now at $940+ an ounce.
Why in the name of all things holy did he anounce he was going to sell thus causing a crash in the price? Is he really a fifth collumist or just a Mong?

LordVonHarley said:
I think he sold it for $230 - $270 per ounce. It is now at $940+ an ounce.
Why in the name of all things holy did he anounce he was going to sell thus causing a crash in the price? Is he really a fifth collumist or just a Mong?

No, I believe he was chancellor at the time.....and IIRC his sound byte at the time was prudence!
I don't know who she was but she knew fook all about commodities.

My gast is well and truly flabbered!

The guy is a complete mong, typical of the Nu Liarbour type of denial - nothing is ever their fault.

In selling the gold reserves he has stripped the country of its contingency funds, and sold at a knock down price. Imagine what we could have done with the difference between the then sale bargain basement price, and the price now Would have funded some equipment for the forces, or even been a good reserve for the hard times which we are undoubtedly about to enter, despite assurances that we will survice the economic downturn with minor scratches. We are all going to pay for the profligacy of this bunch of Arrseholes.

One good thing is that the depression that is about to hit us will ensure that the next 3 generations remember the disastrous government created by Nu Liarbour and hopefully keep them out of power for a considerable time.

bobthedog said:
The guy is a complete mong, typical of the Nu Liarbour type of denial - nothing is ever their fault.

In selling the gold reserves he has stripped the country of its contingency funds, and sold at a knock down price. Imagine what we could have done with the difference between the then sale bargain basement price, and the price now Would have funded some equipment for the forces, or even been a good reserve for the hard times which we are undoubtedly about to enter, despite assurances that we will survice the economic downturn with minor scratches. We are all going to pay for the profligacy of this bunch of Arrseholes.

One good thing is that the depression that is about to hit us will ensure that the next 3 generations remember the disastrous government created by Nu Liarbour and hopefully keep them out of power for a considerable time.
I read some where this gaff cost the UK close to £3 Billion.

Mr_Jones said:
How the f*ck can a government ever have too much gold.

King Cyclops the mad.
Happens to me all the time - look in the cupboard - "Oh Sh&^, got far to many tons of gold, bastard Tories must have sneaked it in there, quick down the Dog & Duck to flog it"

Doesn't this happen to you?

Why do I imagine Captain Darling is sobbing at the moment?

Walter_Walt said:
Mr_Jones said:
How the f*ck can a government ever have too much gold.

King Cyclops the mad.
Happens to me all the time - look in the cupboard - "Oh Sh&^, got far to many tons of gold, fatherless Tories must have sneaked it in there, quick down the Dog & Duck to flog it"

Doesn't this happen to you?

Why do I imagine Captain Darling is sobbing at the moment?
Ouch, stubbed my toe on a bar of gold i left lying about again. I can see his point now.

By pre-announcing his intentions he caused the price of gold to collapse, which had a very detrimental effect on the gold mining operations on South Africa, indeed so great was the problem he was censured I believe by the US for deflating the gold rate. (akin to insider trading if I recall).

Many gold mines were shut down for an extended period causing thousands of south africans and other nationals to lose their jobs, and this by the man who has made "aid to africa" one of his pet projects.

Just goes to prove the man is an Arrsehole of the highest order, and come the revolution he will be 2nd against the wall, only following his best mate Bliar.

It wasnt just the bargain basement price that rankles. Because of the massive amount of gold depressing the market,we ended up paying compensation to the mines that had to shut down. That gold netted us about 4p/oz

Latest Threads