Gordon Brown tells troops they are like Olympic heroes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mag_to_grid, Aug 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/aug/21/foreignpolicy.defence

He is a bit of a mong isnt he? How many Olympic "heroes" are putting there life on the line at the minute? Fair play to the GB Olympic team but in my opinion there absoultely no comparrison to be made.

What could have been seen as a positive effort by Brown has clearly been lost by in my opinion by a stupid statement.

2. And I bet that when he did, under their breath, they all either said or thought - Fat Cnut...!

3. Mr Deputy, Sorry i must disagree he also had 10:45 make a complete cnut of myself!!!

4. Makes you wonder how he got there and how he intends to move on to China? Can't be many airlines that fly London - Kabul or Kandahar with a connection to Bastion then off to Peking. Whatever the route I guess a fair slab of RAF flying hours was concerned.

5. Thanks for the link. To be honest, I don't see anything out of order in the PM's reported words, as opposed to the Guardian headline:

6. He's such a fcuking hypocrite! :evil:
    This shows how much of a completely immoral fcuking slimey wee cowardly toady sh1te that he is.
    After all that he's responsible for, how he has the balls to stand before British troops and look them eye, I'll never know.

7. Gordon Brown tells troops they are like Olympic heroes

What?

Underfunded training perhaps?

Or the fact that they go to foreign places and get a piece of metal on a ribbon.

What a fool that man is.

8. You have an AUSTRALIAN'S deepest sympathy for having such an arrsehole for PM

9. Sportsmen/women are not heroes. They don't get killed at the olympics. Brown is a ****

10. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

You'd swear they make this stuff up while they're sitting in taxi's, what irritates me is that they don't seem to realise that spewing this rubbish out, treating everyone like they're complete morons and they are the "clever" people pushing the buttons and running things just make normal people loathe them even more.

I want a general election and I want it soon.

11. I have to agree with hackle!

12. i was trying to make this exact point on e-goat two days ago, they basically told me i was a cnunt and to fcuk off, fcuking raf cnunts, where is their pride.

13. I don't like Gordon Brown or his government, but I think the point he was trying to make is exactly what is argued on here on a daily basis.

He is hardly going to diss the athletes given their successes, but he makes the point that the Forces are not forgotten in all the excitement about running & jumping etc.

14. I think he means that he'll cut funding for 2012 when they're on home turf since they've done so well overseas.......

15. Hackle - you missed off the last bit - judicious editing by the Grauniad probably. 8O