Gordon Brown tells troops they are like Olympic heroes

Mr Deputy, Sorry i must disagree he also had 10:45 make a complete cnut of myself!!!

Makes you wonder how he got there and how he intends to move on to China? Can't be many airlines that fly London - Kabul or Kandahar with a connection to Bastion then off to Peking. Whatever the route I guess a fair slab of RAF flying hours was concerned.

Thanks for the link. To be honest, I don't see anything out of order in the PM's reported words, as opposed to the Guardian headline:

"You are the heroes of our country ... You are the frontline against the Taliban ... What you are doing here prevents terrorism coming to the streets of Britain."

"This week we are celebrating the Olympics where we have had great success. People have been winning medals in areas where we have been breaking ground.

"But this week also I believe that our Olympic athletes and everybody else in our country will remember that you have showed exactly the same courage, professionalism and dedication. You make our country proud every day of the week, every week of the year. You are truly the heroes of our country.

"I wish to say how proud I am of you today."

He's such a fcuking hypocrite! :evil:
This shows how much of a completely immoral fcuking slimey wee cowardly toady sh1te that he is.
After all that he's responsible for, how he has the balls to stand before British troops and look them eye, I'll never know.

What?

Underfunded training perhaps?

Or the fact that they go to foreign places and get a piece of metal on a ribbon.

What a fool that man is.

D

Deleted 20555

You'd swear they make this stuff up while they're sitting in taxi's, what irritates me is that they don't seem to realise that spewing this rubbish out, treating everyone like they're complete morons and they are the "clever" people pushing the buttons and running things just make normal people loathe them even more.

I want a general election and I want it soon.

i was trying to make this exact point on e-goat two days ago, they basically told me i was a cnunt and to fcuk off, fcuking raf cnunts, where is their pride.

I don't like Gordon Brown or his government, but I think the point he was trying to make is exactly what is argued on here on a daily basis.

He is hardly going to diss the athletes given their successes, but he makes the point that the Forces are not forgotten in all the excitement about running & jumping etc.

DigitalGeek said:

What?

Underfunded training perhaps?

Or the fact that they go to foreign places and get a piece of metal on a ribbon.

What a fool that man is.
I think he means that he'll cut funding for 2012 when they're on home turf since they've done so well overseas.......

Hackle - you missed off the last bit - judicious editing by the Grauniad probably. 8O

"You are the heroes of our country ... You are the frontline against the Taliban ... What you are doing here prevents terrorism coming to the streets of Britain."

"This week we are celebrating the Olympics where we have had great success. People have been winning medals in areas where we have been breaking ground.

"But this week also I believe that our Olympic athletes and everybody else in our country will remember that you have showed exactly the same courage, professionalism and dedication. You make our country proud every day of the week, every week of the year. You are truly the heroes of our country.

"I wish to say how proud I am of you today.

And no you can't have anymore money. How am I going to pay for the MP's pay rises if I start squandering it on you lot of war mongerers? You would only buy stuff that goes bang expensively anyway.

It's not like any of you fuckers will vote for me."

Dangerous and ill-considered comments. Would Brown be so keen to compare athletes with BRITFOR, if Beijing had seen us returning with only a few medals?

Typical of this government to gain political mileage from the efforts of sportsman.

Agree with Mr Deputy that it was almost certainly meant in the right way, but the usual asinine imprecise use of the concept of heroism when talking about sport rears its head again.

That and Brown has reached that stage that all truly cr@p PMs do, where they simply can't say or do anything exactly right. Classic downward trajectory where just before the end a small proportion of people will find themselves typing 'I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to feel sorry for him' and seeing the election as a chance for humane euthenasia rather than just the delivery of a good kicking.

Edit - just seen the TV footage, and I think it's fair to say from the faces of the audience that they were er.... less than impressed with him. Apparently, he's also been to see the wounded, which is, I believe, more than his predecssor ever did?

Archimedes said:
Apparently, he's also been to see the wounded, which is, I believe, more than his predecssor ever did?
But if he had not been such a cnut in his previous job, maybe there wouldn't have been so many injured to visit over the last few years... just a thought.