Gordon Brown recommended for Nobel Prize

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OneHitWonder, Mar 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I sh1t you not.

The Vatican's senior economist, Ettori Gotti Tedeschi, who is also President of Banco Santander (Italy) has heaped praise on Gordon Brown for the PMs handling of the economic crisis so far. Signore Tedeschi goes so far as to "...urge that Gordon Brown be nominated for the Nobel prize in economics." 8O

Surely Brown doesn't have remaining credibility abroad. Has Brown done any favours for Santander?

http://waugh.standard.co.uk/2009/03/give-gordon-a-nobel-prize-vaticans-favourite-economist.html

2. Ahahaha! Quality, this belongs in the Naafi.

3. Didnt think that he was managing the current downturn in the economy, I was under the impression until very recently that he had denied that there was a problem and when finally he did admit that things were not going well. He decided that he was not to blame even though he had been running the economy for the last 11 years whilst giving the banks billions so that they could meet their obligations to pay bonus's to senior managers!

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

There's talk of a Good Bank to handle international investment in developing countries.

I'm assuming that's a counter to the 'Bad Bank' called the IMF?

There's the Vatican, sitting comfortably on something like £1 trillion of gold bullion, silver, jewels, private property and churches around the world . . . . . and it reckons that Gordon Brown is worthy of a Nobel Prize for Economics for agreeing with them that the poor of the world need yet another bank.

You REALLY couldn't make it up.

5. Check the link. Its a Waugh. Kinda like a posh waah.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

7. Well if we're heading that way anyway... I saw this a couple of days ago and it reminded me so much of GB that I had to take a pic of it

Edit for non-picture clickers...

Suspect a stroke? Act Fast. Call 999.

Facial weakness : Can the person smile? Has their mouth or eye drooped?
    Arm weakness : Can the person raise both arms?
    Speech problems : Can the person speak clearly and can you understand what they say?
    Time to call : 999

Attached Files:

8. So Gordon Brown is Gods economic representative on earth? He'll love that :roll:

Just because the Vatican says he should get a nobel prize doesnt mean it is correct obviously. Fits right in with the other gems like the world was created in 7 days about 10,000 years ago, condoms will not help prevent AIDS in Africa and the Pope and God have chit chats. etc... For me this endorsement is a great reverse-indicator, but I'll admit i'm biased against both Brown and organised religion.

Most other world leaders with any sense seem pretty keen to distance themselves from Browns solutions. I wish he'd just take some time off to work his way through those 25 DVDs. If it helps maybe we can send him 1000 more to keep him out of mischief for the next year.

9. This MUST be a wind-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either that or had not realised that there was a Nobel Prize for incompetence and stupidity!

10. That's another PM converting to become catholic then :?

11. Serious question, did the Pope condemn those that murdered our lads and the PSNI officer?

12. The version I heard was:

FACE: does their face droop to one side?
    ARMS: does one arm fall when they raise both?
    SPEECH: is it slurred?
    TIME: to get her knickers off, the Rohypnol is working

I doubt it. Why would he even know about British squaddies getting murdered in NI?

13. I'm sure his invisible friend mentioned it in one of their nightly chats.

14. You have got to be fooking shitting me.
    No really, it can't be anything other than a really shite joke.

15. Just checked my calender, but no .....April 1st is still a couple of weeks away! WTF?