Gordon Brown going to be worst than Blair

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by semper, Jan 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have the feeling that Gordon Brown is going to be worse than Tony Blair,

Grabbing Gordon has taxed us more than ever and we are expected to pay endlessly how long before it will be eventually be 80% TAX direct and indirect ? :x

I wish it was election day now, so I can vote the bugger out and send him back to Scotland. :evil:
  2. higher tax, with cut every where else... who will stop this 'man'...
  3. No, I simply cannot hate Broon as much as Bliar. He does not have that messiah complex and the obsession with celebrity as his personality is more brooding and introspective. He probably sits up at night counting his collection of empty Irn Bru bottles and fantasising about how much he will get when he returns them.
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I voted yes in the poll; however, as it is Broon making all the key decisions now, and for the past decade, there will probably be very little change to the way things are if he becomes der Fuhrer.

Maybe Bliar is doing us all a favour by keeping Broonie out of office!!!! Now there is a thought.
  5. It's a pity 'the iron lady' wasn't immortal. She was the best Prime Minister we ever had.

Unless you were a coal miner of course!
  6. it would be hard to worse than blair at the moment but im sure gordon could manage
  7. Because he is your MP (original constituency) and Scottish?

So the fact that his arrival in the Treasury was the start point to the greatest grab of military assets and cutbacks for a long time (Annington Homes, wholesale Defence Estate disposal, PFI for the things we need that now cost us more for longer and raids on our Terms & Conditions of Service (pensions, changes to claims and allowances for 'JPA' purposes and other such examples of smash and grab).

We are now standing at a crossroads with issues like naval cutbacks or lack of training and equipment which are all easily traceable to the Treasury. If these issues are not given the right funding then our future abilities will be reduced.

Will Mr Brown suddenly perform a U-turn to the decisions he has made over the past ten years'?

Don't make me laugh :roll:
  8. If anyone can make the situation worse it's that penny pinching tw@t :(