Gordon Brown can still win an election

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Biped, May 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yep, you heard it first here!

Margaret Becket, her with the £650 pergola and Rose bush, bought at taxpayer's expense, says that Cyclops can indeed steer us through 'difficult times', and he can still win the next election.

Beeb

[​IMG]

What do I say about that? Bring it on baby - call an election, you've got my vote! [snigger] :twisted:

2. The next election being "Cnut of the Century" presumably? Well he has my vote for sure...

3. Gordon Brown can win the next general election for Labour providing he changes course, former foreign secretary Margaret Beckett has said.

The above quote from Miss Beckett says that he can win if he changes his policies to different ones, if that is so then the current policies are wrong and should not be used, so perhaps Neu Labour is wrong would be the truth

4. Heard about the remarks from her earlier on, didnt know whether to laugh or burst into tears.

How much longer do we need to suffer the "ok, we need to listen to the people" and "the people have sent us a loud and clear message" and now "he is the right man if we change our policies". At least all is well on Planet feckin Labour.

Please god....make the bad man stop!! :x

5. Its all right listening but the twats doing bother paying any attention to what they hear

6. You know what's really sad? He probably could.

Let's say, just for sheets and gaggles, that Broon falls on his sword having succumbed to an uncontrollable urge to do something right before he pops his clogs ........ Just let me hold that picture in my mind a second longer........ ok.
    Who steps up to replace him..........?
    Here's the full Labour cabinet as of Jan 2008.
    Pick one to lead the Country....

No. I couldn't either.

But look at the opposition. Pick any of that lot either.....
    Someone you'd vote for with the expectation of them doing right and giving Britain's future a bit of an uplift.............

Sigh.

Is it still too early to start calling the next election fixed? :cry:
    Oh how very, very, fcuked are we.

[Edited because of ming-monginess]

7. A classically insightful comment from one of the finest Foreign Secretaries this country has ever known...... oh, no - hang on a minute. Does she really think that we would be swayed by the opinion of a Blair stooge, put in to the FCO so as not to upstage Tony as he bestrode the world stage like the diplomatic colossus that he was......oh, no - hang on a minute.

Notwithstanding any scepticism about the quality of the alternative at the next election, it is immaterial. No party should be allowed to serve more than one term - whenever they do, they go mad with power and end up insulated from reality to such an extent that they cease to act in the interests of the Country. I also do not subscribe to the excuse that only by serving in back-to-back terms can a Government influence the strategic direction of the Country. This might be true if any of them were acting in the strategic direction of the Country, but sadly no politician seems able to see beyond the end of the next newspaper deadline (and with 24-hour rolling news, their horizon is just getting shorter and shorter). They should leave the strategic direction of Government to the Civil Service and restrict themselves to fluff and gloss - and for no more than 4 years at a time.

Of course, you have to reform the Civil Service and go back to the good old days of recruiting only the best people from the best Universities and delete all the social engineering policies that have left us with an emasculated Civil Service full of political placemen and the sick, lame and lazy of all descriptions - but that is a price worth paying.

And if we can have Boris Johnson as PM for 4 years, all the better. It would be such a breath of fresh air to have someone who says what he thinks at the helm. And with a strict 4 year limit, maybe other politicians would say what they think and mean what they say, rather than having to be devious liars in their desperation to get re-elected for another term.

8. Regarding Tories as possible leaders you feel you could trust, I reckon David Davies would be a top bloke in the position. I'd quite happily have him as PM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davis_%28British_politician%29

Seems to be well educated, with Business and Management qualifications and an ex member of 21.

Unlike the current shower in the cabinet, whos main qualifications seem to be toeing the party line and having a fanny ( well most of them).

9. "Gordon Brown can still win an election"

Correct - but only if he kills himself ..............

........ using the Stauffenberg technique by planting a large bomb in No. 10 timed to explode during a cabinet meeting.

If he topped himself and the 3 ring circus that's currently running the country even I'd vote Labour, purely as a mark of gratitude.

10. You have to remember that he grew up in a council house headed by a single mum, he's had his nose broken five times and he has a permanent scar from fighting a bloke who was armed with a crowbar. IMHO this disqualifies him from the PM's job.

His talents would be much better utilised as Home Secretary, stalking the streets of London by night, personally leading the Met's newly formed 'Gene Hunt' squad and kicking the living sh1t out of every hoodie, gangsta and druggie that he comes across.

What about Harriet HarMAN? Gimme a gender on that. I've never been sure.

11. Not only is Margaret Becket something modeled on a gargoyle and f*cking ugly she is also delusional. She was probably the worst foreign secretary this country has had imposed on it, and now she reckons that Brown can turn round a 17.6% swing against New Liebour!

The message to the New Liebour people is your time is up, the only variable is by how many seats they will lose, and how long they will be in opposition, if not the third party. The longer he is in position now the more likely that the Labour Party itself will vapourise and be out of power for 10 to 15 years hopefully, if it can ever recover and come back at all!

12. Labour is a devious machine on a bad day. If it gets it's act together then it's got two years to spin and lie it's way out of trouble.
    Tony would, ya know.
    And Cammeroon has never impressed me.
    john

13. The more I think about it I believe Screaming Lord Such would have done a bloody good job compsred to this bunch of cnuts.

14. All of the present bunch of to***rs are only interested in winning an election.

It would be nice to have somebody whose priorities are running our country to give us value for money, justice and a reasonable standard of living, ie to SERVE the populace.

I can but dream.

15. Beckett, the woman who on Any Questions said in response to a question about the ragging MPs gave Prescott over his affair.
    "Oh They're just teasing John"

Sunday and I'm watching on tv the supporters saying "Oh Gordon is just fine/doing a good job/strong leader/got us out of foot and mouth brilliantly/will make sure we recover if given the chance etc etc

So false and self serving/job protecting that I wonder if I'm hearing right.

Jesus, who voted for them?

Not me I know, but some of you must have!