Gordon Brown breaks cover

Mr Brown praised his Cabinet colleague as a huge figure in bringing the Labour movement together
Titter :lol:

Mr Brown praised his Cabinet colleague as a huge figure in bringing the Labour movement together.

So his judgement is shite too.

It's who he brought together and what sort of movements.

Chancellor Gordon Brown has defended Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott amid growing pressure about his affair.
Campaigning for the elections in west London, Mr Brown praised his Cabinet colleague as a huge figure...[/quote]

And who could argue with that?

But seriously, Prescott is said to be the main power broker, vital in ensuring the smooth handover from Tony Blair to Gordon Brown. Whatever Mr Brown thinks about Prescott privately he has to try to keep him in place for the time being.

doctrine said:
Vimeiro said:
Usually he would stay sulking in the shadows, like the silent assassin that he is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4954152.stm
Mr Prescott has voiced regret over his affair with one of his secretaries. Tony Blair says it is a private matter.
If Tony Blair thinks this is a private matter may be he and mr Prescott had better have other look at the m.p. code of conduct
So he privately took her to a service to service.

Private matter, I don't think so.

I fail to see how this can be a private matter. Prescott's behaviour has demonstrated that is both a liar and untrustworthy. As a cabinet minister his behaviour should be exemplary - if he wants to shag around, he should resign his hugely overpaid post and leave public life.

ViroBono said:
I Prescott's behaviour has demonstrated that is both a liar and untrustworthy.
No, no. We knew that already. In fact we knew he was a fat, hypocritical oaf with tendencies to Tourettes.

ViroBono said:
if he wants to shag around, he should resign his hugely overpaid post and leave public life.
I think it was only the fact that he is so prominent in public life that gave him the chance for the aforesaid shag.

But back to Gordon Brown... does anyone else share my feeling of foreboding should he ever become PM? I foresee some form of Cromwellian mirthless era in which fun is subject to VAT and laughter is permitted only in private.

Storeman Norman said:
ViroBono said:
I Prescott's behaviour has demonstrated that is both a liar and untrustworthy.
No, no. We knew that already. In fact we knew he was a fat, hypocritical oaf with tendencies to Tourettes.
Indeed. Looking at it again, I see that my description could have applied to any Labour politician.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I don't think Prescott should go just because of this affair - I think he should just go anyway and take that load of corrupt trough feeders called the Cabinet with him.

mistersoft said:
Mr Brown praised his Cabinet colleague as a huge figure in bringing the Labour movement together.

So his judgement is shite too.

It's who he brought together and what sort of movements.
No shit bet the shadow off his arse weights in at over a ton!
Perhaps Broon's playing it to his advantage the old saying keep your freinds close and enemies even closer seem to be the watchword with this little lot roll on the local elections and watch the turds squirm in thier own mess

Turret_Monster said:
Storeman Norman said:
In fact we knew he was a fat, hypocritical oaf with tendencies to Tourettes.
And violence:

The above newsreel proved he lies;
"i was defending a female party member who was being attack"
So the man in the red tshirt is a woman? was she his sec? :oops: