Gordon Brown at the Cenotaph

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Biped, Nov 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I know what I was thinking when I saw him present the wreath, anyone care to elaborate on their thoughts? :evil:
  2. I wonder who will be PM this time next year.....
  3. I thought that seeing as he was surrounded by 200 squaddies with nice shiny pointy kit on the gat's he was lucky HM was around so no-one misbehaved.
  4. Didn't any of you watch the RBL Festival of Remembrance on Saturday night?
    First shot of was of him entering.
    Second shot was of him trying to read the menu as he sang(?) the National Anthem.
    Third shot was of him failing to stay awake during the blessing.
    And this is the man who sends you to war in the name of the Queen!
    You have to love this man? ? ? ? ?
  5. I wondered which tax money he misused to pay for the wreath and his poppy? After all he only puts his hand in his own pocket to play with his dick!
  6. Don't people close their eyes during prayer?
  7. I was sworn in to serve Queen and Country, not the clown that fronts the show, this one being the last of a line of those who wish to be the President of the United Kingdom....
  8. No the bloke was defenilty asleep because thats what i do in church
  9. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Unfortunately, when you get sworn in, it also includes the elected Government - which is a blow.
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

From the Daily mail

He may have a tough job and a demanding young family, but veterans and TV viewers were surprised to see Gordon Brown appear to nod off at Saturday's Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall.

BBC cameras caught the Premier with his eyes briefly closed, left, and his head dropping gently forward.

Good Article plus Dozy the Prime Minister
  11. Thats why they are called Her Majesty's Government.
  12. I'm not one for emotional outbursts but whan he appeared on the TV laying the wreath I just shouted 'W*nker', not very articulate I know but he doesn't deserve much more.
  13. I thought this cartoon was VERY appropriate:

Attached Files:

14. My thought were "I wonder what he's thinking".

And do you know, it never occurred to me he might be thinking "If only I'd loosened the purse-strings a bit, there might be a few less people to remember".

Then I shouted "C*nt!" at the telly.
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Just CNUT? I shouted a lot more than that, in between remembering the fallen.