Gordon brings down plane

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by hardi, Feb 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a rumour circulating that the recent Heathrow crash was caused by the ecms in Browns car as the plane passed overhead.
  2. It may be tempting to respond to this but, if you do, remember details of most ECM kit remain highly sensitive.

This looks like a journo's fishing expedition.
  3. I havent heard that rumour,mainly because its bollox and you just made it up hardi,go on tell us,your talking porkies
  4. I'm sure I saw something about that in one of the tabloids over the weekend. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
  5. So lets get this right ..

Of the 537 aircraft taking off, landing, taxing, refuling, starting up , shutting down and flying circuits.

Only that one landing from China had a problem?

Right !!!!!
  6. This was mentioned on the PPRUNE pilots forum last week, just because Browns car was in the area at the time of the crash (he was flying out somewhere apparently). Tin Foil scaremongering!
  7. Of course it wasn't the ECM in the car that did it, that would be sill. It was Broon himself that was responsible. To quote Guido Fawkes,

8. I think you'll find one of the current popular theories is that of water contamination in the fuel causing icing in the fuel lines and subsequent fuel starvation to the engines.
    I find it highly unlikely that any countermeasures would bring an airliner down. Besides, the autopilot continued to fly the aircraft once the engines began losing power - probably the only reason the aircraft made it down safely.
  9. The stupid bitch. Sticking her schonk in again where it's not required!
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I don't think water in the fuel will have done it
    Water is always in fuel but so is FSII (fuel systems icing inhibitor) which is in effect anti freeze
    I was always told that water would burn off and the only thing it would do would be to reduce the range (if you load 21000 gallons of fuel and half of that is water you only have half the fuel you need)
    Therefore if the water theory is correct it ran out of fuel which would fit with the engines shutting down
    There is a fungi that can grow in the ground tanker which if it got into the aircraft would block fuel pipes but this is unlikely unless the chinese are way off there game
    The water if it was going to freeze would have froze at 35000 feet when it was -40 not once it came down from altitude into warmer air

I do like the thought though of Gordon Brown driving across London and aircraft in the holding pattern falling 500 feet or so as he went under then restarting and climbing back up

How tempting would it be if you where his driver just to flick it on as he went overhead and create another larger 'Munich' type crash
  11. syrup - you are certainly no CLA, so please don't spout about aircraft fuel. You are so wrong it hurts.

Do you even know whether civvies use FSII?
    Cladosporium resinae is the 'fungi' you are talking about - and it exists in places other than in a ground tanker.