Gorbals Mick gets his peerage

Well the House of Lords has sunk to even greater depths (if that was possible after the enoblement of the serpentine Mandelson).

Link Here

Former Speaker Michael Martin has finally been given his peerage.

He will become Baron Martin of Springburn and of Port Dundas in the City of Glasgow.

The news was slipped out quietly in the London Gazette, reflecting the level of disquiet surrounding the appointment.

The Lords Appointment Commission had raised concerns that the former Speaker of the Commons could lower the reputation of the chamber............
The HoL has now reached new lows of credibility.

At least the IQs of both Houses have been raised. :)

I liked the House of Lords when, largely, they were REAL Lords and Ladies and before the frightful grinning 'spiv' Bliar 'modernised' it!

Now, I spit on it and the majority of its 'inhabitants'.

This appointment, doubtless agreed to by Her Majesty through gritted teeth, will surely drive a stake into the heart of a legislative chamber comprising appointees and placemen. Remember, we are more than likely to have to bear the elevating of Prescott to the 'peerage'!

What the liar Bliar started, let us hope that Cameron will finish with a minimum of delay.

ALL current 'Life' Peers & Peeresses to be excluded from a future chamber unless elected.
Legislation can be enacted - retrospectively if necessary. Apart from the scum of Glasgow, will anyone take to the streets to protest the removal of Mr. Foulkes and Mr. Martin? I thought not.

If they are to be a peer of OUR realm (ok, really Her Majesty's but we still have a stake) should we have votes of no confidence?

Liarbour put up their next selection for the HoL, and the public have one year in which to write in if they don't beleive in the appointment?

I feel sorry for him. he'll have to mix with the likes of Lord Archer. On second thoughts, perhaps he will fit right in (?)

Isn't it funny that this kind of shite always happens when the House of Commons is on holiday, so no debate

tropper66 said:
Isn't it funny that this kind of shite always happens when the House of Commons is on holiday, so no debate
A good time to bury bad news. Not likes it's a first for Labour now is it? The London tube bombings was another 'good time' apparently.

Hopefully the fat fvck will die of a heart attack shortly

lsquared said:
Remember, we are more than likely to have to bear the elevating of Prescott to the 'peerage'!

Yep, "I'm just a common bloke' Prescott will love that. Funny how the most chavvy of Liebour MP's can't wait to get a gong or knighthood.

Does anyone thinl the Labour/Tory/Lib Dem Cartel will actually change anything. Peerages and EU jobs are merely their insrance against the electorate.

I'm afraid I'm beginning to lose faith in Her Majesty, why doesn't she do something to protect her land and people? A constitutional crisis is just what this country needs, especially if the army had to make a choice between Queen and Parliament.

Martin is the vile personification of everything that is rotten at the core of our government.

Oil_Slick said:
lsquared said:
Remember, we are more than likely to have to bear the elevating of Prescott to the 'peerage'!

Yep, "I'm just a common bloke' Prescott will love that. Funny how the most chavvy of Liebour MP's can't wait to get a gong or knighthood.
Just like that useless cnut Kinock

tropper66 said:
Oil_Slick said:
lsquared said:

Just like that useless cnut Kinock

That would be Baron Kinnock who famously declared he wanted to abolish the House of Lords?

The House of Lords must go—not be reformed, not be replaced, not be reborn in some nominated life-after-death patronage paradise, just closed down, abolished, finished.

Tribune, 19 November, 1976.