Gorbals Mick gets his peerage

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mad_mac, Aug 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well the House of Lords has sunk to even greater depths (if that was possible after the enoblement of the serpentine Mandelson).

Link Here

The HoL has now reached new lows of credibility.

2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Appalling. Nothing changes, then.

Wonder what the Telegraph and Daily Hate will have to say about this...

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

double post.

4. And so we reach the depths of despair. No reward for failure? Pah!

5. Utterly disgusting.

6. Is ANYone surprised though?

7. At least the IQs of both Houses have been raised. :)

8. totally wrong but sadly as a previous mr speaker it is expected that he has to be kept in the trough

9. I liked the House of Lords when, largely, they were REAL Lords and Ladies and before the frightful grinning 'spiv' Bliar 'modernised' it!

Now, I spit on it and the majority of its 'inhabitants'.

This appointment, doubtless agreed to by Her Majesty through gritted teeth, will surely drive a stake into the heart of a legislative chamber comprising appointees and placemen. Remember, we are more than likely to have to bear the elevating of Prescott to the 'peerage'!

What the liar Bliar started, let us hope that Cameron will finish with a minimum of delay.

ALL current 'Life' Peers & Peeresses to be excluded from a future chamber unless elected.
    Legislation can be enacted - retrospectively if necessary. Apart from the scum of Glasgow, will anyone take to the streets to protest the removal of Mr. Foulkes and Mr. Martin? I thought not.

10. If they are to be a peer of OUR realm (ok, really Her Majesty's but we still have a stake) should we have votes of no confidence?

Liarbour put up their next selection for the HoL, and the public have one year in which to write in if they don't beleive in the appointment?

11. I feel sorry for him. he'll have to mix with the likes of Lord Archer. On second thoughts, perhaps he will fit right in (?)

12. Isn't it funny that this kind of shite always happens when the House of Commons is on holiday, so no debate

13. Par for the course in Brown's corrupt crony state.

14. A good time to bury bad news. Not likes it's a first for Labour now is it? The London tube bombings was another 'good time' apparently.

15. I usually win the jar of wallies in a raffle