GOP convention in Florida welcome the Puerto Rican speaker.

D

Deleted 20555

Well only because it's very funny watching the Latino vote gallop off in the opposite direction to the GOP - American politics is way funnier to watch the what goes on here.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Puerto Ricans are USA Citizens from birth Deleted 20555. I find it hilarious that even Uber Left MSNBC hasnt run with this stupidity from Harpers. They were cheering her and it got out of time. Funny how the vid ends without the crowds reaction to her report, eh? Might not get the same context then....

Frankly I can't even tell what the hell half of them are shouting, and it almost looks like the soundtrack doesn't match their lip movements.

Also, I'd like to be able to see what was happening in the wider context of the event.

I *do* know that there was a mini-revolt at the convention today, when some of Romney's campaign lawyers attempted to introduce some extremely unpopular new rules for the convention. I'd not be surprised that this outburst was in some way related to that revolt.

M

Mr_Tigger

Regarding the CNN camera woman: This is automatically being treated as a racist incident because she was black and they were Republicans. CNN however might as well be branded 'Obama-TV' so it is perfectly possible they were just angry at CNN.

The media is pretty anti-Republican / anti-Romney. Today Yahoo News fired it's Washington bureau chief for saying "They (Republicans are partying while black people drown" over the air. He did not know his mike was on but even so shows how much of the media thinks.

Yahoo fires bureau chief for Romney/blacks remark - Boston.com

The media is pretty anti-Republican / anti-Romney. Today Yahoo News fired it's Washington bureau chief for saying "They (Republicans are partying while black people drown" over the air. He did not know his mike was on but even so shows how much of the media thinks.

Yahoo fires bureau chief for Romney/blacks remark - Boston.com
The US media, with the exception of Fox, is simply a propaganda machine for Obama.
Quite laughable if it wasn't so serious. As Biden said (when he forgot to turn HIS microphone off), "This is a big ****ing deal!"

WERE any blacks drowned?

Last night, the Puerto Rican Gov. Luis Fortuño (R), and the New Mexican Gov. Susana Martinez (R) both spoke and there was no racism. Meanwhile MSNBC ran commercials when Blacks at the GOP convention spoke.
The 2 Pigs who were thrown out may not even be delegates according to ine report I've seen. either way the GOP attendees saw the racist filth and reported it and Security removed them immediately. Isnt that the way it is supposed to work? or were they all supposed to break out Pointy pillowcase headwear and start singing Ole Man River?

Well only because it's very funny watching the Latino vote gallop off in the opposite direction to the GOP - American politics is way funnier to watch the what goes on here.
Oh I don't know, all the other Latinos hate the Puerto Ricans even more than the gringos.

Tbf the gop seem to have a % of entertainingly batshit members.
Where the torys elect them as meps and then safely ignore them:)

The US media, with the exception of Fox, is simply a propaganda machine for Obama.
Quite laughable if it wasn't so serious. As Biden said (when he forgot to turn HIS microphone off), "This is a big ****ing deal!"

WERE any blacks drowned?
I juust got off the phone with a friend from LA as I wanted to make sure he and family were OK. He is a retired LtCol in LA State Police. He knows storms. He said this was a very minor hurricane, much much smaller than Katrina. Only people killed were a tow truck driver who was killed by a falling tree and a man who for some unknown reason climbed a tree and fell off the tree.

Meanwhile news media are covering how much better things are going compared with Katrina. Like POTUS was able to keep it at Cat 1 and it did not go to Cat 5.

After Katrina two friends who are or were senior public safety officials from LA came to visit me for few days. Their take on the events essentially was : "Yeah FEMA made a few mistakes but the governor would not authorize FEMA activity until it was too late as she wanted to be in charge, the Mayor of New Orleans was borderline nuts and the police chief in New Orleans was so traumatized he totally lost it". LA now has a new Governor and New Orleans has a new mayor and a new police chief.

Still I expect "Obama saved New Orleans" to be a lead story in the news.

I juust got off the phone with a friend from LA as I wanted to make sure he and family were OK. He is a retired LtCol in LA State Police. He knows storms. He said this was a very minor hurricane, much much smaller than Katrina. Only people killed were a tow truck driver who was killed by a falling tree and a man who for some unknown reason climbed a tree and fell off the tree.

Meanwhile news media are covering how much better things are going compared with Katrina. Like POTUS was able to keep it at Cat 1 and it did not go to Cat 5.

After Katrina two friends who are or were senior public safety officials from LA came to visit me for few days. Their take on the events essentially was : "Yeah FEMA made a few mistakes but the governor would not authorize FEMA activity until it was too late as she wanted to be in charge, the Mayor of New Orleans was borderline nuts and the police chief in New Orleans was so traumatized he totally lost it". LA now has a new Governor and New Orleans has a new mayor and a new police chief.

Still I expect "Obama saved New Orleans" to be a lead story in the news.
Katrina wasn't a Cat 5 except offshore. It made landfall twice; once as a Cat 1 and once as a Cat 3.

Whichever way you slice it Bazza is not in the same league as George the Simpleton.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Or it could be that they've all realised that the GOP is simply unelectable since their surrender to the Tea Party.

Katrina wasn't a Cat 5 except offshore. It made landfall twice; once as a Cat 1 and once as a Cat 3.

Whichever way you slice it Bazza is not in the same league as George the Simpleton.
Actually it made landfall three times not twice. Shortly before the third landfall it strengthened from Cat 4 to Cat 5, then as it made landfall dropped its windspeed to Cat 3. Drop was causes by eyewall replacement plus some sheer due to weather over the land.
The windspeeds over land were not material to the loss of life. The problem was flooding caused by the very high storm surge and huge waves with relatively short fetch created when it was Cat 5 with a central pressure of around 902mbar (hPa). Katrina was the sixth strongest storm since weather records started to be kept.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I find Romney scary. Any mormon is a fruit loop. Bush was just a cretin who did what he was told. He had not the brain to be truly dangerous. Romney is far from stupid and could be very destabilising for the world. I would not be surprised if Romney nuked the world just to enable everyone to be re-baptised after death as a mormon.