GOP convention in Florida welcome the Puerto Rican speaker.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Schaden, Aug 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

2. Should I care about this?
  3. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Well only because it's very funny watching the Latino vote gallop off in the opposite direction to the GOP - American politics is way funnier to watch the what goes on here.
  4. Confused. What's going on here?
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

6. Puerto Ricans are USA Citizens from birth Schaden. I find it hilarious that even Uber Left MSNBC hasnt run with this stupidity from Harpers. They were cheering her and it got out of time. Funny how the vid ends without the crowds reaction to her report, eh? Might not get the same context then....
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Those 2 people should have been Named and Shamed, would be interesting to know who they were and what state.
  8. Frankly I can't even tell what the hell half of them are shouting, and it almost looks like the soundtrack doesn't match their lip movements.

Also, I'd like to be able to see what was happening in the wider context of the event.

I *do* know that there was a mini-revolt at the convention today, when some of Romney's campaign lawyers attempted to introduce some extremely unpopular new rules for the convention. I'd not be surprised that this outburst was in some way related to that revolt.
  9. Regarding the CNN camera woman: This is automatically being treated as a racist incident because she was black and they were Republicans. CNN however might as well be branded 'Obama-TV' so it is perfectly possible they were just angry at CNN.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The media is pretty anti-Republican / anti-Romney. Today Yahoo News fired it's Washington bureau chief for saying "They (Republicans are partying while black people drown" over the air. He did not know his mike was on but even so shows how much of the media thinks.

Yahoo fires bureau chief for Romney/blacks remark -
  11. The US media, with the exception of Fox, is simply a propaganda machine for Obama.
    Quite laughable if it wasn't so serious. As Biden said (when he forgot to turn HIS microphone off), "This is a big ****ing deal!"

WERE any blacks drowned?
  12. Last night, the Puerto Rican Gov. Luis Fortuño (R), and the New Mexican Gov. Susana Martinez (R) both spoke and there was no racism. Meanwhile MSNBC ran commercials when Blacks at the GOP convention spoke.
    The 2 Pigs who were thrown out may not even be delegates according to ine report I've seen. either way the GOP attendees saw the racist filth and reported it and Security removed them immediately. Isnt that the way it is supposed to work? or were they all supposed to break out Pointy pillowcase headwear and start singing Ole Man River?
  13. Oh I don't know, all the other Latinos hate the Puerto Ricans even more than the gringos.
  14. Tbf the gop seem to have a % of entertainingly batshit members.
    Where the torys elect them as meps and then safely ignore them:)
  15. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1