Goose Green 29th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pararegtom, May 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Time marche,s on 29years ago today, young men from 2Para waited on the start line, for a day that will live in regimental history. I am proud to have fought and served with those men that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    Age will not weary them or the years condemn at the going down of the sun and In the morning we will remember them. Utrinque Paratus
    • Like Like x 13
  2. We will remember them!
  3. Fighting a dug in enemy in large numbers with superior weapon systems must have been hideous. Nothing since then has even come close to what the Falkland's vets went through on that Island. I doff my beret to each and every one of them, especially those who didn't make it back.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Well said. It was the tales of the courage and professionalism of such people that inspired me to join up.
  5. Much respect to those brave men.
  6. Respect to all Paras and Sappers there,that day.
  7. Have only just finished a university module on the Falklands War, horrific conditions that those chaps had to fight in, massive respect for all those who took part in the campaign.
  8. Not to mention having to contend with the appalling weather conditions, that might have put lesser troops out of the game before they even got to grips with the enemy.
  9. Didn't the attack also take place in daylight with limited cover? Oh, and didn't the Argies also get a heads-up courtesy of the BBC? Massive respect to all our blokes involved.
  10. Didn't a platoon's worth of men in 2 PARA get taken off the line due to exposure and frostbite between they time they first landed at San Carlos to the attack at Goose Green?

Anyway, massive respect to those brave blokes who took the fight to the Argies. RIP those who never came back.
  11. No.

12. Quick and to the point. I guess my source was wrong. Still, can't say I'd fancy spending an entire month outdoors on the Falklands.
  13. I'm not surprised, you can't really appreciate how shit the place is unless you've been there. The rock runs, the bogs, the hills, the weather, I could go on....

Full credit to all the guys who went and got them back.
  14. Why? Are you RAF Regiment?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

Did anyone serve with or remember Dave Binns? worked as a medic at the time, took shrapnel in the arm when the mortars dropped short.

Short, ugly and angry is how I remember him.