Goose Green 29th Anniversary

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Time marche,s on 29years ago today, young men from 2Para waited on the start line, for a day that will live in regimental history. I am proud to have fought and served with those men that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
Age will not weary them or the years condemn at the going down of the sun and In the morning we will remember them. Utrinque Paratus

Fighting a dug in enemy in large numbers with superior weapon systems must have been hideous. Nothing since then has even come close to what the Falkland's vets went through on that Island. I doff my beret to each and every one of them, especially those who didn't make it back.

Well said. It was the tales of the courage and professionalism of such people that inspired me to join up.

Have only just finished a university module on the Falklands War, horrific conditions that those chaps had to fight in, massive respect for all those who took part in the campaign.

Fighting a dug in enemy in large numbers with superior weapon systems must have been hideous. Nothing since then has even come close to what the Falkland's vets went through on that Island. I doff my beret to each and every one of them, especially those who didn't make it back.
Not to mention having to contend with the appalling weather conditions, that might have put lesser troops out of the game before they even got to grips with the enemy.

Didn't the attack also take place in daylight with limited cover? Oh, and didn't the Argies also get a heads-up courtesy of the BBC? Massive respect to all our blokes involved.

Not to mention having to contend with the appalling weather conditions, that might have put lesser troops out of the game before they even got to grips with the enemy.
Didn't a platoon's worth of men in 2 PARA get taken off the line due to exposure and frostbite between they time they first landed at San Carlos to the attack at Goose Green?

Anyway, massive respect to those brave blokes who took the fight to the Argies. RIP those who never came back.

Quick and to the point. I guess my source was wrong. Still, can't say I'd fancy spending an entire month outdoors on the Falklands.
I'm not surprised, you can't really appreciate how shit the place is unless you've been there. The rock runs, the bogs, the hills, the weather, I could go on....

Full credit to all the guys who went and got them back.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Did anyone serve with or remember Dave Binns? worked as a medic at the time, took shrapnel in the arm when the mortars dropped short.

Short, ugly and angry is how I remember him.

Time marche,s on 29years ago today, young men from 2Para waited on the start line, for a day that will live in regimental history. I am proud to have fought and served with those men that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
Age will not weary them or the years condemn at the going down of the sun and In the morning we will remember them. Utrinque Paratus
.... And also to the living, 'Pararegtom', equal respect.

Respect to all Paras and Sappers there,that day.
Peace and condolences to all who lost their lives, and to loved ones and families who lost their loved ones.

The Army is a family although, maybe, the Paras are pretty high brothers:

Spirited sky warriors,
Could anyone keep them down?
They will live forever.

2 Para are an excellent Regiment.However,it is often forgotten that Cdo sappers died at that location as well.I would not want to take away any memory of that event,but it's worth a mention,IMHO.

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
I walked the battle field in 84, and it was a very moving moment, but I just kept thinking how did they do it,

Latest Threads