Gook spook

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Feb 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Gooks are Vietnamese. Apparently.

2. Kempeitai Reloaded? The Chinese will not see the funny side...

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I thought Japan has been practicing industrial espionage for the last 40+ years anyway?

4. Yep, very true. Japan/China/France are the top three countries to use there national intelligence capabilities to carry out industrial espionage and have been for years.

Shame MI6 dont help UK companies get contracts

5. I'm amazed that they didn't already have a foreign intelligence service if I'm honest. The Germans were allowed to have the BND without any wailing and gnashing or teeth, so why not the Japanese? That part of the world isn't exactly settling down at the moment and I believe they've had a few overflights from North Korean IRBMs, sorry "experimental satellite launch vehicles" so I can't begrudge them trying to get a bit more of a lowdown on them.

6. While its fair play to them and they can't rely on allies forever, I can't but help wonder how many wet-behind-the-ear Jap spooks will be caught in compromising places over the next few years.

Unless we've offered them an extremely lucrative contract teaching them how to kick transmitter rocks around Russian parks, but I imagine the Yanks have that stitched up.

7. Offing a Jap spook is an assassins dream really. You top a Brit spook and stuff him in a rucksack and it gets noticed. Hang a Jap spook in his wardrobe dressed in leather hotpants with an orange in his mouth and ram a replica world cup up his shitter and everyone will just roll their eyes and say "well he was Japanese"

8. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the jap national police have there own intelligence people and have done since the 50s

9. ISTR reading that the Kempeitai did a PIRA after the War; "They have'nt gone away you know!". Rumour has it Kempeitai officers and units were simply given a new, cuddly job title and told to ease back on all the rape, illegal medical experiments and the use of babies for bayonet drill.

Could just be an urban legend but it would'nt surprise me. The Kempeitai did stuff in WWII that would have made an SS officer wince.:shock:

10. lets be honest I bet even tonga have some for of intelligence agency

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Words cannot convey my disappointment that this thread is not devoted to the life and times of my favourite rice burning spook.

[​IMG]

12. Naicho, too. An intelligence arm which is part of the Prime Minister's office.

I can't help but think they're being a little disingenuous here.

13. is it not just the case they're rebanding exsisting assets and just being open about it

14. What will their reports be called?

Nip tips?