Gook spook

I thought Japan has been practicing industrial espionage for the last 40+ years anyway?
Yep, very true. Japan/China/France are the top three countries to use there national intelligence capabilities to carry out industrial espionage and have been for years.

Shame MI6 dont help UK companies get contracts

I'm amazed that they didn't already have a foreign intelligence service if I'm honest. The Germans were allowed to have the BND without any wailing and gnashing or teeth, so why not the Japanese? That part of the world isn't exactly settling down at the moment and I believe they've had a few overflights from North Korean IRBMs, sorry "experimental satellite launch vehicles" so I can't begrudge them trying to get a bit more of a lowdown on them.

While its fair play to them and they can't rely on allies forever, I can't but help wonder how many wet-behind-the-ear Jap spooks will be caught in compromising places over the next few years.

Unless we've offered them an extremely lucrative contract teaching them how to kick transmitter rocks around Russian parks, but I imagine the Yanks have that stitched up.

While its fair play to them and they can't rely on allies forever, I can't but help wonder how many wet-behind-the-ear Jap spooks will be caught in compromising places over the next few years.

Unless we've offered them an extremely lucrative contract teaching them how to kick transmitter rocks around Russian parks, but I imagine the Yanks have that stitched up.
Offing a Jap spook is an assassins dream really. You top a Brit spook and stuff him in a rucksack and it gets noticed. Hang a Jap spook in his wardrobe dressed in leather hotpants with an orange in his mouth and ram a replica world cup up his shitter and everyone will just roll their eyes and say "well he was Japanese"

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the jap national police have there own intelligence people and have done since the 50s

ISTR reading that the Kempeitai did a PIRA after the War; "They have'nt gone away you know!". Rumour has it Kempeitai officers and units were simply given a new, cuddly job title and told to ease back on all the rape, illegal medical experiments and the use of babies for bayonet drill.

Could just be an urban legend but it would'nt surprise me. The Kempeitai did stuff in WWII that would have made an SS officer wince.:shock:

lets be honest I bet even tonga have some for of intelligence agency

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Words cannot convey my disappointment that this thread is not devoted to the life and times of my favourite rice burning spook.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the jap national police have there own intelligence people and have done since the 50s
Naicho, too. An intelligence arm which is part of the Prime Minister's office.

I can't help but think they're being a little disingenuous here.

is it not just the case they're rebanding exsisting assets and just being open about it

What will their reports be called?

Nip tips?

is it not just the case they're rebanding exsisting assets and just being open about it
I would think so. I mean, if you look at the part of the world they happen to live in, you would have to be chicken oriental (pun intended) not to have a half sensible int capability to keep an eye on the neighbours. Sometimes an ASBO just won't be enough.

Until this year, Japan was the second biggest economy on earth. One of their next door neighbours is a superpower with one of the largest armed forces in the world. And Nukes. And they hate the Japanese.

Their other neighbour also has a BFO and Nails army. And in spite of spending most of it's time locked in a dick-measuring contest with it's other half, both sides also hate the Japanese.

Japan never stopped having Spooks. And you'd better believe the Japs have their own store of Instant Sunshine somewhere as well.

And you'd better believe the Japs have their own store of Instant Sunshine somewhere as well.
I've no doubt they'd vehemently deny that. They may have a collection of separate items that purely coincidentally could possibly be made into nukes if only someone were to know how... oh, look! it's an instruction book in Japanese on how to make nukes! However did that get there?

Given that they've been ratcheting up the the territorial disputes with China, Taiwan and Russia lately I wouldn't be at all surprised if their new intelligence service started some pretty aggressive activity in those quarters.

I've no doubt they'd vehemently deny that. They may have a collection of separate items that purely coincidentally could possibly be made into nukes if only someone were to know how... oh, look! it's an instruction book in Japanese on how to make nukes! However did that get there?

Given that they've been ratcheting up the the territorial disputes with China, Taiwan and Russia lately I wouldn't be at all surprised if their new intelligence service started some pretty aggressive activity in those quarters.
Good luck to Kempeitai Reloaded, then - if they're going up against the PRC, they'll need it. From what very little I've read on the subject, the Chinese Spooks could give Mossad or the FSB a run for their money in terms of sheer ruthlessness...:shock:

Good luck to Kempeitai Reloaded, then - if they're going up against the PRC, they'll need it. From what very little I've read on the subject, the Chinese Spooks could give Mossad or the FSB a run for their money in terms of sheer ruthlessness...:shock:
but can ride a motorbike and shoot, must be true it was in a bond film

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F The Intelligence Cell 40
dingerr The Intelligence Cell 7
KhakiCrab Gaming and Software 4