Googlies - Innocuous words with strange search results

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cernunnos, Sep 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll set the scene, my 12 year old boy is keen to build a bumblebee nest box for next spring. I showed him a design I found on a UK website. Being more Hermann than is good for him, he was not quite sure of some of the English woodworking terms used, but instead of bothering me, he, resourceful as he is, googlied them, on my safe search off profile.

He'd just typed "Nailed" in Google images when his mum walked in.......try it yourself!

Are there any other innocuous words with strange googly results, I think it deserves some arrse research?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tied. :0
  3. I got this.Don't seem that bad.

Nailed (2001) 90 min - Drama | Romance

A clothing designer fights to keep her Jewish-Italian family together when her brother decides to have a child with a woman he barely knows.
    Joel Silverman
    Joel Silverman

Rachel Blanchard, Harvey Keitel and Brad Rowe
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

As ever, I rise to the occasion but am totally disappointed! The first two are about a love story between waitress and US senator, then the definitions of nailed occupy the next two slots with no references to anything 'Mummy' would be shocked at with the first reference to the S word only as a definition of having s - e - x.

All totally innocuous - what are you trying to say?
  5. Maybe it's a boxhead thing?
  6. Try selecting "Images" on the Google results page ;-)
  7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I typed in "Goat Fisting Lesbians" and got a link to Deepcut.

• Like Like x 5
  8. I suspect that mini Cernunnos was happily surfing "educational" material when Mrs C rolled in and the "I got this by accident, I was looking for woodworking hints" came out, but good skills on the young guy for thinking on his feet.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I typed 'Nailed' into Ask Jeeves images and got this on the first page...

Attached Files:

• nail.jpg
      File size:
      50.1 KB
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

A Septic bird once asked me what a 'manhole cover' was. So I typed 'Manhole' into Google. For your sanity, do not make the same mistake.
  11. Just made the same mistake with Ask,,,God my brain is numb...
  12. Its been working for me for ages
  13. Fanny got me this,,

Attached Files:

• fan.jpg
      File size:
      75.1 KB