Google+

First check the T&C's - you'll love the one where they get

perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display
Think before you post anything.

S_R

My brother works for google, and sent me invites ages ago. There was an issue with the logon, only accepting people to logon at certain times of the day (but no-one could tell me exactly when) so I sacked it.

My brother works for google, and sent me invites ages ago. There was an issue with the logon, only accepting people to logon at certain times of the day (but no-one could tell me exactly when) so I sacked it.
Global Search Engine relative walt

First check the T&C's - you'll love the one where they get

Think before you post anything.

S_R
No different to FB or the vast majority of social media sites ..... but seriously scary if you think about what they can do with all that info!

No different to FB or the vast majority of social media sites ..... but seriously scary if you think about what they can do with all that info!
Sorry to disagree with the boss but there is a significant difference from FB. The FB T&C's are:

you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
Google+ have in addition the following:

'perpetual' - for ever
'irrevocable' - tough you've given it you can't take it back.
'reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display' - basically if we want to screw with it then we can.

So FB posters can stop FB using stuff by settings, can delete stuff or remove this account and FB have no licence to use the content.

Google+ posters once you've posted it Google can do what they want with it for ever and you can't stop them.

Significant difference in my mind, especially for people who can use social media to advertise thier work - i.e. a mate who does graphic design posts some of his images on FB...I would not suggest he did the same on Google+.

S_R

Latest Threads