Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by ringdoby, Jul 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's the social network run by google funnily enough, and aims to be better than Facebook. It's still in the "field-testing",phase and is invite only.

If you want an invitation to try it, pm an email address.

Sent from my Desire HD
  2. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

First check the T&C's - you'll love the one where they get

Think before you post anything.

3. My brother works for google, and sent me invites ages ago. There was an issue with the logon, only accepting people to logon at certain times of the day (but no-one could tell me exactly when) so I sacked it.
  4. Global Search Engine relative walt
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ;-) 10fugginletters
  6. I'd have to be lying to be a that, carry on.
  7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

No different to FB or the vast majority of social media sites ..... but seriously scary if you think about what they can do with all that info!
  8. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Sorry to disagree with the boss but there is a significant difference from FB. The FB T&C's are:

Google+ have in addition the following:

'perpetual' - for ever
    'irrevocable' - tough you've given it you can't take it back.
    'reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display' - basically if we want to screw with it then we can.

So FB posters can stop FB using stuff by settings, can delete stuff or remove this account and FB have no licence to use the content.

Google+ posters once you've posted it Google can do what they want with it for ever and you can't stop them.

Significant difference in my mind, especially for people who can use social media to advertise thier work - i.e. a mate who does graphic design posts some of his images on FB...I would not suggest he did the same on Google+.