GOOGLE whatss going on?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BuggerAll, May 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've tried to use Google today and its telling me that my 'client' is illegal and that I have to download a new search bar before I can use Google.

I downloaded the bar and it still won't work anyone else having Google problems?

Below is the text from Google

Your client does not have permission to get URL /custom?hl=en&q=army+surplus+inverness&meta=&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&client=pub-7803381336700505&channel=3181435462&cof= from this server. (Client IP address:

The website you've just visited has tried to provide you with search results from Google. Unfortunately, the site violates our terms of service so your search could not be completed. If you would like to continue with your search, please click the link below, which will take you directly to Google and the results you've requested. We apologize for the inconvenience and encourage you to conduct future searches directly from or through the Google Toolbar, which can be downloaded for free from this address:
    Click here to continue your search on Google.
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Nope. Maybe your URL is illegal :wink:
  3. Working OK for me.

4. Try another search engine instead.

Look at this link Spam Harvester that indicated that your IP has been compromised by a SPAM harvester.

Here is an example of a SPAM message supposedly originating for your IP For your urgent attention

Looks like you might have a trojan type infection. There might be an issue with your AV softtware, your anti spyware of your firewall. You need to check these and try again.

( after you update your AV + spywear, take your PC offline and restart in "safe" mode before running an AV and a spyware scan.

Here is a free spywear detector Lavasoft

Sadly if Google have pinged your IP address, It may nor be simple to get off their taboo list list.

PS: don't download the new search bar, unless you want more trouble

PPS: It look like the SPAM your IP is handling is coming from a mailserver in Sennegal, but that could be anywhere in reality