Google Talk

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by VerminWA, Oct 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of you who have heard of it but not got it yet, I give you Google Talk For those of you who have not heard of it, free phone calls via interweb to other users.

Also, I've still got some invites left for Gmail if anyone out there still wants it and believe me you do want it as it is the DB's! PM me with your email address and I will send you an invite.

Hotmail is DEAD! Simply outclassed!

2. Have heard about Google talk. Will now be giving it ago, cheers!!

I also have hundreds of Gmail invites to give away. It is the DB's and I wouldnt be without it now.

3. Google is always coming out with new ideas, to slowly kill off microsoft - not a bad idea.....

But yes I agree Google Talk is the DB's

4. Okay have it AND no one to bloody talk to!!! LMAO, anyone else have it want to give it a go...testing testing and all that??

5. Hmmmmmmm cant get it to work!!!

6. But didnt google have some sort of spywear on there email system,? does it have anything on this?

7. Well, no not really but kinda yes....

These email providers make money by selling advertising to companies. While you look at your email there is a banner accross the top of the page - everytime you click on it the company pay some money to the email provider. The clever thing which gmail did - and it is ingenius - is that they look through the text of your email and from that work out what is the best thing to advertise on the banner. This means you are more likely to click on the banner and they are more likely to make some cash. So for example, supposing you email your friend telling him "i'm thinking of BUYING a CAR, which do you think is better FORD or TOYOTA?". Gmail will pick out these keywords and put adverts for car dealers, the ford and toyata websites on the side of the page. Clever eh?

Hotmail don't do this. But there is nothing to stop either of them from viewing your emails while they sit on their server.

Tricam.

8. Yeah but soon it isn't going to be a free service.

Seems to me micosoft are getting desperate

10. Does that worry you? Do you use google as a search engine? Well if you do they keep a copy of all your searches and openly admit that they will give it to any government agency that cares to ask that info. But then if your not up to anything that shouldn't worry you.

11. we all have something to hide , even train spotting or bottle top collecting !

of course i haven't done anthing so sad but you get the picture :roll:

12. Love Gmail.......hate Google talk, think I will just stick to Skype!

13. No one to talk too? :(

14. Couldnt get it to work!! Not one person on there last night got it too work so we gave up....
    Much prefer Skype!!