google search function is.... french.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by chocolate_frog, Sep 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I usually run firefox, and it has this nifty search thingy top right.

on google, each time i search it is coming up with the french search engine, I don't recall telling it to... anyone know how to change it back to UK google?

2. Go to Google then top right you'll see a cog, click on it and go to search settings and select English where it asks for page language preferences. If that don't work I'm buggered. :)

3. Where are you posting from?

4. UK.

I've already changed the lingo using settings (cheers though gravedigger) but google is still searching with the french google... changing location demands a valid french post code WTF.

5. Look up your IP address to get your location. This link will do it for you IP Address Lookup and see if it reckons you are in France.

6. It reckons i'm in the isle of man...

If it helps i've restarted the computer even, and it still says france.

7. i've got around itby installing a different google search engine on the tool bar.

deleting off the original and reinstalling just brings back french one.

8. I had a spell about a month ago where (despite being in the UK) I was in Warsaw according to my IP address, and kept getting the Polish version of Google. Google 'Google UK' and you should get what you want.

9. I was doing that... but it is so fcuking annoying. Esp as I am doing a spot of research at the mo.

Oh well, we'll see what tomorrow brings. fcuking Dutch probably.